debian depots: no convolution possibilites-updates for armhf? (jackd2, brutefir)

Started by camelator, October 30, 2013, 04:06:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

camelator

Hi,
I can not find a way to change a cubieboard2 in a hifi multimedia server with the debian depots.
It looks like multimedia armhf packages for debian are not up to date.

my system is
cubian (last version) with mpd.
I would like to add a filter before ALSA and after MPD. The options I found are Jackd2 and brutefir

a/ Jackd2
this was my first option, I simply try to install it with a simple  apt-get install jackd2
and ...
It does not work
Bus error, memory errors, ...
It looks like there are issues with this package on arm plateforms.
is is a way to make it works? self build? ask debian for an update? others?

b/ brutefir
Then, I tried to install brutfir, with the same command: apt-get install brutefir
result is better : it works.
But I can only make it work for 16bits sound (no 24bits)
for that the last brutefir package is requiered to fix a bug.
last package is in the  debian sid depot, so I tried to make it work on cubieboard2 but it does not work,
Compatibility between wheezy and sid looks like complicated for dependencies, what I can understand.

Same question: is it a way to make it works?
Do I have to build it by myself? If yes, where to find informations to do it? Do I have to submit a bug to debian? Other way?

Well, any help is welcome.

AutoStatic

Quote from: camelator on October 30, 2013, 04:06:40 am
a/ Jackd2
this was my first option, I simply try to install it with a simple  apt-get install jackd2
and ...
It does not work
Bus error, memory errors, ...
It looks like there are issues with this package on arm plateforms.
is is a way to make it works? self build? ask debian for an update? others?
Try jackd2 from my repository: http://cb2.autostatic.com/
It's a patched jackd2 package that solves the bus error.

Quote from: camelator on October 30, 2013, 04:06:40 amb/ brutefir
Then, I tried to install brutfir, with the same command: apt-get install brutefir
result is better : it works.
But I can only make it work for 16bits sound (no 24bits)
for that the last brutefir package is requiered to fix a bug.
last package is in the  debian sid depot, so I tried to make it work on cubieboard2 but it does not work,
Compatibility between wheezy and sid looks like complicated for dependencies, what I can understand.

Same question: is it a way to make it works?
Do I have to build it by myself? If yes, where to find informations to do it? Do I have to submit a bug to debian? Other way?
I can build an updated package for you and upload it to my repository. Is that an option?

camelator

it sounds fantastic!
thank you very much.

Please, can you tell me how to get Jackd2 from your link? Do I have just to download jackd2 or change the package list file?

It could be wonderfull if you can add the last brutefir version as well (there are dependencies).

And it would be excellent if you can help me to understand how to build these packages :)

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Christian.

AutoStatic

Quote from: camelator on October 31, 2013, 02:29:43 pmPlease, can you tell me how to get Jackd2 from your link? Do I have just to download jackd2 or change the package list file?
Easiest way would be:wget -q -O - http://cb2.autostatic.com/autostatic.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo wget -q -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/autostatic-audio-wheezy.list http://cb2.autostatic.com/autostatic-audio-wheezy.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install jackd2

Quote from: camelator on October 31, 2013, 02:29:43 pmIt could be wonderfull if you can add the last brutefir version as well (there are dependencies).
Should be no problem, I'll see if I can cook up a package this weekend.
Quote from: camelator on October 31, 2013, 02:29:43 pmAnd it would be excellent if you can help me to understand how to build these packages :)
Sorry, got too little time to explain :( Besides, I'm still a novice packager even though I've been doing it for quite a while.

camelator

Just tried jackd2
it works !!
now I have a link from mpd to jackd2
Thank you very much!

Next step, add a convolution engine.

Regards,

Christian.

AutoStatic

Hi Christian,

I've just uploaded BruteFIR 1.0l to my repository.

Jeremy

camelator

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate.
As of now, brutefir is working with jackd2 and mpd.
as I can see with the command 'top' cpu % is really fine.

I have other issues, but it is look lile functionnal issues:
while playing a song, sometime I have a strange message:
JackClientSocket::Read time out
ClientNotify fails name = brutefir notification = 18 val1 = 1 val2 = 0

maybe an issue due to my lack of knowledge on realtime and priorities...

I have a lot of work to make it work perfectly.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate.

Regards,

Christian.