[solved]Latest SDCARD Lubuntu image for SDCard not running properly on 720dp scr

Started by chj, October 04, 2013, 03:57:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chj

Have installed the latest SD Card image from http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/a20-cubieboard/lubuntu/cb-a20-lubuntu-desktop-card-v105.img.gz

It boots up on a 720dp screen, and it is possible to start a command window and do things from there, but the desktop is not working. Nothing is available!

I have attached a photo of the screen to illustrate the situation.

There seem to be something at the bottom of the screen, but what ? (Note: the  blue "light" is a reflection of Cubieboard led), but you see also something else looking like a "bottom line" that is simply positioned out of clear sight)

Is there something that could or should be done from a terminal window to correct this ? We are used to Linux but not on a technical command line level, so please use teaspoon while explaining, with exact commands etc.

Hope for help, we are really in the dark here at the moment.

ch

patwood

Quote from: chj on October 04, 2013, 03:57:22 am
Have installed the latest SD Card image from http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/a20-cubieboard/lubuntu/cb-a20-lubuntu-desktop-card-v105.img.gz

It boots up on a 720dp screen, and it is possible to start a command window and do things from there, but the desktop is not working. Nothing is available!

I have attached a photo of the screen to illustrate the situation.

There seem to be something at the bottom of the screen, but what ? (Note: the  blue "light" is a reflection of Cubieboard led), but you see also something else looking like a "bottom line" that is simply positioned out of clear sight)

Is there something that could or should be done from a terminal window to correct this ? We are used to Linux but not on a technical command line level, so please use teaspoon while explaining, with exact commands etc.

Hope for help, we are really in the dark here at the moment.

ch

Looks like some part of the screen is lost at the bottom.  Could be the over scan portion of the screen.  See if there's a setting to control this or perhaps try a different resolution.

chj

Can anyone tell me if Lubuntu offers options for changing the screen resolution. If not, can anyone give a detailed prescript for how to change the resolution from a command window ? Please give exact commands and parameters.

Our LCD screen is 720 but has no functionality for changing resolution or anthing else. It is a Sony LCD TV.

ch

Etienne

I have the same issue with my TV (samsung), whereas it works ok with another  TV (Sony)...
didn't find yet how to fix it, already changed resol in uEnv and script.bin but didn't solve the problem.
In android there is an option which fixes it, where you can adjust the screen trimming if I well remember.
For the moment I try to have graphic binary drivers fully operationnal to try to configure screen through Xorg.conf but don't have idea how to do it.

sanyigz

I have a Samsung LED TV, and all you need is to use the screen modes with 60hz refresh rate. This is probably a bug of the TV as the same happens with my x86 PC used with the samsung TV. At 50hz, the is out from screen an the color enhancement things of the TV are remain enabled.
If set to 60hz, the desktop perfectly fits in screen also any enhancements are off so showing unmodified image.

Etienne

just tried an option on my Samsung "fit screen" and it worked like a charm!  ;D
thanks for saving my time, looking around

chj

SOLVED I changed to a more modern TV from LG with some screen options. When the screen format is set to 16:9, I still have the same problem as on the previous (older) Sony TV, but when I replace 16:9 with "just scan", the problem was solved.

ch