Author Topic: Where is driver for (Logitech) USB (wireless) keyboard, in NAND or in SDCARD?  (Read 7828 times)

chj

A common Logitech wireless keyboard K400r with pad is working well with normal desktop Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.04 laptops on our lab, but is not working with Lubuntu latest image 12.04 running from SDCard.

So the driver is missing or disabled.

Can someone explain where is this driver? Is it in a Linux kernel on the NAND, or is it in the Image that we installed on the SDCARD?

Is there a way to make it work ? (We are linux newbies, please offer detailed instructions)

ch
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:32:51 am by chj »

karnicero

A common Logitech wireless keyboard K400r with pad is working well with normal desktop Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.04 laptops on our lab, but is not working with Lubuntu latest image 12.04 running from SDCard.

So the driver is missing or disabled.

Can someone explain where is this driver? Is it in a Linux kernel on the NAND, or is it in the Image that we installed on the SDCARD?

Is there a way to make it work ? (We are linux newbies, please offer detailed instructions)

ch

Hi,

maybe you need to recompile the kernel if the device need hidraw enabled... execute this two commands and paste here the results:

Code: [Select]
lsusb
Code: [Select]
lsmod

Offline con

• View Profile
I don't know the tranciever in the usb module, but it might need additional drivers (e.g. kernel modules). You would need to compile those with the kernel for support. As you are a newbie, it would take a long time to explain.

My setup uses a cheap wired keyboard and basic usb 1.1 mouse to be sure everything works.

Most info about the sun4/7i (A10/A20 cores) can be found at http://linux-sunxi.org/FirstSteps

chj

Thanks, I now have old fashioned wired keyboard and mouse, hoping still that someone NOT newbie could put these drivers into the kernel. As it is in the standard Ubuntu, it should be easy. Also, I think it will be very good if limitations like this one are noted in the tutorials.

Atlas3000

help me too with Cubeez and Logitech k360  !

Cey

Is there any way to enable "high draw" without modifying the kernel? Init.d or whatever? (Linux-noob)

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Is there any way to enable "high draw" without modifying the kernel? Init.d or whatever? (Linux-noob)

Normally, if a driver is available, it'll load when the device is plugged in.  This means it's probably not there.  To add it to an existing kernel, you'll need to build it with the same kernel version and .config file (usually found in /proc/config.gz), adding the driver you want.  If this driver requires some feature not already in the kernel, then you'll need to build the kernel as well.

It's often easier to replace the kernel and modules entirely with a packaged one containing the drivers you need.

Offline waleeedijaz

• View Profile
 if a driver is available, it'll load when the device is plugged in.  This means it's probably not there.  To add it to an existing kernel, you'll need to build it with the same kernel version and .config file (usually found in /proc/config.gz), adding the driver you want.  If this driver requires some feature not already in the kernel, then you'll need to build the kernel as well.

== http://leather-power.com/
 ==
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:21:33 am by waleeedijaz »
waleeed