Author Topic: The very best A2 Images  (Read 6652 times)

magno

The very best A2 Images
« on: October 03, 2013, 09:06:50 pm »
By searching the internet I found a lot of cubie A20 images.

To make my life a little easy, I made a catalog of the best distros I found.

I need your help to make my list bigger, so, let me know if you found any good image (and tested).

Here is my list:

http://cubieboard.cmabreu.com.br/

Thanks.

LAST UPDATE : 05/10/2013

Cubian
Android 4.2.2
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:30:55 pm by magno »

a2life

Re: The very best A2 Images
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 12:34:17 pm »
It appears you are missing cubian (cubian.org), another debian based distro.  It is for SD card and comes with a tool to copy itself to Nand.
As far as the "best images", because of dynamics of development,  each image is leapfrogging (or at least catching up) each other very rapidly so its hard to tell.  For Linux images, since there was a kernel migration from 3.3 to 3.4 happening fairly recently, I would say if you are not seeing any update in the last 6 weeks then you probably should not be looking at that image.

Cubian works for my home server usage and provide easy path for kernel upgrade.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:53:58 pm by a2life »

Offline ararog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 01:38:19 pm »
I believe all A20 based distros will have more time to get improved since CB3 is based on same processor as CB2.

magno

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 02:00:47 pm »
It appears you are missing cubian (cubian.org), another debian based distro.  It is for SD card and comes with a tool to copy itself to Nand.
As far as the "best images", because of dynamics of development,  each image is leapfrogging (or at least catching up) each other very rapidly so its hard to tell.  For Linux images, since there was a kernel migration from 3.3 to 3.4 happening fairly recently, I would say if you are not seeing any update in the last 6 weeks then you probably should not be looking at that image.

Cubian works for my home server usage and provide easy path for kernel upgrade.

Many thanks. I will appreciate all indications. I will try to keep all distros up to date and delete the old ones, but I need people like you to help telling me the best and newer images.

I've published Cubian there.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:26:18 pm by magno »

Offline AJRames

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 10:31:37 am »
Hey Guys.
Do anybody Know if 1080p Hd. Movies Are Working Fine with the First cubian xbmc Image for sd card?
Thanks

Offline rose28357

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 05:21:19 am »
magno: please add some information in your data table on your web site which confirms the supported board types (Cubieboard 1, Cubieboard 2 etc.)

magno

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 08:14:29 pm »
magno: please add some information in your data table on your web site which confirms the supported board types (Cubieboard 1, Cubieboard 2 etc.)

See on left top corner, under the site name in white color.