Author Topic: A Cubieboard 2 laptop.... sort of  (Read 7727 times)

omfgdude

A Cubieboard 2 laptop.... sort of
« on: September 29, 2013, 01:05:24 am »
Greetings, I wan't to share the rig i built today with you all, maybe get some feedback.  Hopefully someone will like and appreciate what I did here.
If anyone is interested in what parts, OS's, LCD configurationg, etc, I used to accomplish this, just reply and Ill post everything. 
The only thing i've left to tweak is the LCD color hue, my yellows look red, and my reds look purple...
Hope you enjoy

OMFGDUDE

omfgdude

Re: A Cubieboard 2 laptop.... sort of
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 01:05:54 am »
Few more pics

omfgdude

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:11:07 am »
LVDS cable and built in USB for keyboard goes through a slit I cut in the "leather"

simple  but functional.

krieger

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 11:27:40 pm »
OMGFYEAH!
Feels right.
What is the second board? AFAIK LVDS can be connected straight to Cubie?
Do you have battery integrated? Is it inside of keyboard block?
What parts did you used, how much money have you spent on them (split by component prices, please)?
What do you think about, sorry, ergonomics? I mean making the device more compact, or at last make more logical layout.

Offline tombs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 08:08:18 am »
OK, post all the details

Offline herveld

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 06:24:34 am »
Great job!

Which kernel / linux version did you use to drive the display ?

CubieNewb

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 08:04:09 pm »
OMGFYEAH!
Feels right.
What is the second board? AFAIK LVDS can be connected straight to Cubie?
Do you have battery integrated? Is it inside of keyboard block?
What parts did you used, how much money have you spent on them (split by component prices, please)?
What do you think about, sorry, ergonomics? I mean making the device more compact, or at last make more logical layout.

http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,940.0.html

Buy the stuff from that link. I'm thinking that I'm going to mount my cubietruck w on the other side of the stand and be much flatter than the one above (great job btw), but I want it to be more flush. I tried to maneuver the ribbon from going around the side, but no luck, so I'll look for a much shorter one to cut strait up through. Then what I'm going to do is cut the skin in two rectangles from the back and insert the video board (one side) and cubietruck board on the other - down in a little more. The cubietruck board will fit perfectly on the other side from the video board. Now to find a 3" HDMI cable.

then you go on ebay and get a SATA to mSATA adaptor, like this one:
http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,940.0.html

Or this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121217678285?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

with a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD, like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-PM851-512GB-SATA-III-mSata-Internal-SSD-MZMTE512HMHP-00000-/111220313842?pt=US_Solid_State_Drives&hash=item19e53f4ef2

The only thing I've not done yet is figure out how to get it entirely onto battery power... But with these changes the cubietruck can be all inclusive into one small package.

CubieNewb

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »
OMFGdude, I'd love to know what monitor and kit you got. It it one of those I linked? Your screen looks slightly larger than 7". Is that a touch display?

Offline sagarzz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 04:25:01 pm »
404 - Attachment Not Found

Offline aario

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 07:18:35 am »
Image links are broken now. Please upload them somewhere else and link again. Thanks in advance.