January 28, 2020, 09:19:28 pm

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

cb2 samba- speed is good but delay when upload

Started by moaci, September 21, 2013, 06:57:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moaci

Hey guys.
Got samba running on my cb2. At first read / write speed was at 900/ 500  kb/sec.
After a little tweaking with these settings: http://vornoff.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/tweaking-transfer-rates-of-samba-shares/
I am now at 3 mb write and even 8mb /s  read which is awesome.
Only problem is that it takes forever before an upload from my win 7 to my cb2 starts.
after that speed is fine. A 1gb file wouldnt even start uploading. Any ideas?

gmorehou

I wonder if it's trying to preallocate drive space on a slow SD card or something.

moaci

September 29, 2013, 03:09:34 pm #2 Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:18:49 pm by moaci
Hey There!

Well , I still couldn't solve this problem, but:
I finally realized, that, even if the upload won't start and even if there pops up an error message, in the background it will still upload the file and the error message disappears, after its finished.
So, it seems like, it's not actually a problem with copying files, but rather some kind of miscommunication in terms of displaying the correct start/status of the copy process.
To sum up: Win7 copies every file, no matter what size, to the cb2, but if the file is to big, you won's see any progress in the status bar. Maybe Win7 has a Problem with samba or something. As long as it copies every file, I can live with this "bug" ;)

edit: Seems like I was wrong :(
Allthough I can see the file fully or at least almost fully copied, It deletes the file when I hit "cancel" on my windows machine :(
I am confused, because I thought the file wouldn't be deleted, at least that what happened the last time :(

And the write/read speed is back to 500/900 kb/s, and I have no idea why :(

edit2: One restart and the write/read speed is 4/9 mb/s again, very strange.
The copy problem is still there though...