September 20, 2019, 06:33:38 am

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

What are you doing with your Cubieboard?

Started by jangers, September 22, 2013, 11:09:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kryoz

Using CT.
Running Lubuntu server on 2.5" SATA HDD. The prime goal is mediaserver for stereo system, e.g. mpd daemon.
Communications enabled via Wi-Fi. Audio output is implemented by usb-to-spdif converter in async mode to external DAC.
The next step will be playing with desktop environment or moving transmission-daemon from PC to CT along with minidlna but I'm not sure about getting enough performance. MPD makes cpu load about 27%. Running torrents can cause choking of audio stream.

Azzy

All these claims . So amazing. Really?  Find them hard to believe.
My cubie is now sitting on a shelf (sadly), catching dust, (deservedly).

Azzy

wantmymoneyback

Azzy:

Want to sell it cheap?

I understand your frustration, I went through that for a week and why I have the login name I have. But when I finally got Fedora 18 installed, it was a computer! It is as fast as an Intel Atom netbook I use from work.

Today I repartitioned my SATA drive, moved the root file system to it and for the first time since September, it worked.

I am FAR from an expert in Linux, but please ask questions and let's see if we can convert you--like I was--from a Cubieboard unhappy owner, to a spreader-of-good-news.

splatoid

Quote from: wantmymoneyback on December 19, 2013, 12:59:25 pm
Azzy:

Want to sell it cheap?

I understand your frustration, I went through that for a week and why I have the login name I have. But when I finally got Fedora 18 installed, it was a computer! It is as fast as an Intel Atom netbook I use from work.

Today I repartitioned my SATA drive, moved the root file system to it and for the first time since September, it worked.

I am FAR from an expert in Linux, but please ask questions and let's see if we can convert you--like I was--from a Cubieboard unhappy owner, to a spreader-of-good-news.

So now that you mentioned Fedora 18 where is it at. I have done a search on this forum and didn't fine the actual download image for the A20 CT board.
Thanks

splatoid

Wi-Fi isn't working on this one yet correct?
Thanks for the tip.

wantmymoneyback

These are the images I have used

http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/contrib-images/hansg/

the explaination README explains then how to get the booting software placed on the uSD card in the correct places. It runs a script and does it automatically.

This will explain how to move your root file system to a hard drive; not just an SSD.

http://andrewow.wordpress.com/tag/ssd/

With this done, if you have a wifi USB adapter, you can connect to the internet and install anything you are wanting with yum.

admin

December 21, 2013, 07:54:33 pm #36 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:57:12 pm by admin
Come on guys.. *several nonsensical posts are removed*

jfresh

CB1 as headless DVB-T Recorder/streamer (tvheadend),
CB2 as Desktop (Web, Movies & Music), thanks to pat's 3.4.67 kernel source.
even 1080p runs smoothly (mplayer mpeg1/2 & h.264 only), both use custom debian rootfs
I was very surprised with CB2 desktop performance, it's basically my daily computer for lite task.
Best of all both save a lot of electricity.

ikeeki

-MKV downloads > 10GB each file.
-SFTP server from A10 cubie to A10 cubie over the internet. Cannot go faster than 170 KBytes/second. ┬┐buffer problem?
-Video player (A20) using android image.
-Used it as an incomplete delator on when the electric company let me without electric power, making the cubie to send me an email everytime the power returned.
-Uncompress heavy files.
-Management of hard drives
-I use it as a laboratory for understanding concepts like public/private key, simple servers, and for investigating a program I find fascinating, X11VNC.
-Use it as a base for teach the little things I know to others and spread the linux comunity all over the world. ;)

splatoid

December 22, 2013, 01:57:38 am #39 Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:18:11 am by admin
Quote from: Saegematz on December 20, 2013, 03:28:13 pm
Quote from: splatoid on December 20, 2013, 11:31:30 am
Wi-Fi isn't working on this one yet correct?
Thanks for the tip.

Yes, but maybe is a modul for this aviabled.

Thank you for this.
I'll have to give some of them a try.

Quote from: Saegematz on December 20, 2013, 12:19:46 am
splatoid:
Try the Image Fedora 19 R3 for CB2
This should the best Image.
Cu
http://docs.cubieboard.org/tutorials/ct1/installation/cb3_fedora19_r3_sd_card_installation
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-October/190143.html

Thanks for all the help Saegematz
I appreciate it. 

con

Cb2:
- Experiments with neon core and other forms of parallelism (embedded style).
- Testing stuff for Cb3.

future: small terminal for domotica (4" screen + stuff)

Cb3:
- Headless (the 2GB does come in handy ;)
- Sickbeard
- Couchpotato
- nzbgetd (yup, sata ssd functions as temp dir then to a NAS. Current limit is choppy gbit support in the default 3.4.61 kernel) Can get my internet connection maxed out at 7.7MB/s. Unpacking is slowish though due to not-so-fine-yet support in the installed kernel for the gmac. It clearly doesn't use DMA.
- FTC mining proxy
- Trac wiki for some projects i'm doing
- Git backup of my repositories which are on the NAS. (dual backup system, not off site unfortunately)
- Apache front-end for some projects.

boulderhead

I'm not so adventurous in what I am doing with it. I simply wanted to get a Cubietruck to use as a Livingroom computer connected to the TV. So that we can watch Youtube, BBC iPlayer, stream movies, etc.

Because a lot of the requirements are video and streaming related, the only workable image for me is Android at the moment. I have tried 5x different Linux images, and the video/Youtube performance has generally been unacceptable. Too many issues to iron out.

With Android running on the device I am pretty happy. It's 90% there, and almost all of the things I can do on my Android smart phones, can now be done on the Cubietruck.

Looking forward to testing the latest image that Huang has released today! =)

calhemp

I use my cubie1 for a backup home files with samba, and run some scripts for rsync with other devices.

i put all inside a broken dvd ;).

beerstein

Hi: Very nicely done project. Where did you buy the power supply?
How much was it? Would it work with CT?

calhemp

Quote from: beerstein on January 06, 2014, 11:18:31 am
Hi: Very nicely done project. Where did you buy the power supply?
How much was it? Would it work with CT?

hi i brought it from alixpress, is a cctv power supply 12v 3.5a i connect all in a 12v-5v converter from cubieboard.

there are more power suplies. that suite different kings of projects.