November 18, 2019, 05:47:33 am

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

What are you doing with your Cubieboard?

Started by jangers, September 22, 2013, 11:09:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jangers

Well, I'm about to buy a Cubieboard 2 to host a multitude of servers, FTP, IRC, web, e-mail, and others.
So, what are you doing with yours?
How's it's performance?
Showing photos is encouraged.

farmsid

I'm using my server as tomcat. I have a program scada running on it. His name is Scadabr.
I even impressed with the performance. Certainly better than the raspberry pi.

patwood

con

October 04, 2013, 07:57:56 am #3 Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:26:14 am by con
Doing now:
- Eating dust.
- Booting from sata (works like a charm btw, if you ignore the kernel uImage on the sd ;) ).
- Getting new kernels/modules every time I boot it.

Should be doing:
- Xbmc (when someone gets the cedarx blobs/drivers to work correctly ;), not me ... I know nothing about video stuff)
- Running either RetroArch or separate emulators. Got the stuff working in X11 but SDL's a bitch at the moment.
- SABnzbd (if the ethernet driver can actually get up to 100mbit which is probably a DMA issue, haven't had time to look into it)
- Driving a lcd with some info from Xbmc and a weather station i'm building around a Rpi, which also drives the central heating of my home. If I get it to work properly it will also dynamicly control with input from the user to the CB2 to the Rpi to the central heating. (It's an overkill I know but I don't like arduinos)
- Be a testing platform for various stuff.

Wix

Trying to get it working properly (almost all of the time)

AutoStatic

Trying to achieve the lowest audio latency possible so I can use the Cubieboard as a realtime audio appliance.

cubee-noob

My cubieboard2 now runs as NAS/home samba file server.

later it might become a desktop system with cubieez and LXDE

teprom

I´m planning to do a cheap and compact recognition vision system, applyed to line production counter, based on QT/OpenCV using a low cost Webcam.

+++

sanyigz

My cubie2 does these:
-torrent seeding/downloading (transmission)
-DLNA media server (minidlna)
-java application server (standalone jetty application runs on oracle jre 7 for ARM, as openjdk is bugged in all distributions)
-NFS file sharing server
-sometimes net browsing
Using a 2 TB 3,5" sata HDD with LUKS encryption.

patwood

Quote from: teprom on October 06, 2013, 10:27:01 am
I´m planning to do a cheap and compact recognition vision system, applyed to line production counter, based on QT/OpenCV using a low cost Webcam.

+++

You might be interested in what this guy did: https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/development/topics/opencv-applications-running-on-mk802-and-controlling-an-arduino-board

teprom

Hi pat,

Thanks a lot for sugestion, but I confess I am a little disapointed about frame rate, that seems somewhat around 2-3FPS, anyway at least we have now a reference to further comparisions.

+++

patwood

Quote from: teprom on October 06, 2013, 03:13:24 pm
Hi pat,

Thanks a lot for sugestion, but I confess I am a little disapointed about frame rate, that seems somewhat around 2-3FPS, anyway at least we have now a reference to further comparisions.

+++

He was getting 8fps using neon instructions, which is pretty good considering.  A20 should be a lot faster.

lowsheng

My CB1 and CB2 are doing:

A complete yachting system for my brothers round the world sailing trip next year.  I want it to run the ships systems as well as do all the normal laptop type stuff for him and his family.
At the moment Chart plotter and nav (GPS) works fab.... With all the global charts included too.. :)
Weather input via download from internet works great. Although I need to do this via radio as well......(See next sentence)
AIS and weather via radio... not so cool at the moment... GNU AIS is out there for Linux but I can't get it to run on my CB1 or CB2 so am trying to get some help with this part...
Currently looking around for a LCD Touchscreen around 10"... but there is a lot to sift through regarding drivers and power consumption... needs more research before I try this part...
Have also tried to get SDR (Software Defined Radio) to work but no luck with this so far....
Waiting for the CB3 to be released too.... looking forward to this one...

kabanya

a2life

October 17, 2013, 12:05:33 pm #14 Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:30:05 pm by a2life
Cubie2 running headless.
bind : for local name server
nginx, php, mysql : for web server and reverse proxy

Experimenting Using the following for mail server solution
postfix for MTA, fetchmail getmail for aggregating received mails from outside mail servers and courier Dovecot IMAP to serve collected mails through roundcube webmail app : trying to convince my wife to give up comcast mail.