July 11, 2020, 01:17:32 pm

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

Don't have a monitor and can't SSH.Need help !

Started by warlock666, August 19, 2013, 09:58:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

warlock666

I have installed cubieez for A20 for my cubieboard 2.

Where Am i going wrong .
-- unzipped the image to cubieez.img
-- wrote to my 16gb sandisk class 10 card using win32diskimager.
--connected cubie via ethernet to my medialink router.
--Booted up and got the IP from my router.
--used puTTy to ssh into the cubie.

It says connection refused. I don't have a monitor to connect to so I wanted to control my cubie using ssh-cli or x11VNC via my windows laptop or desktop.

tharbold

Don't take this question the wrong way ... but are you sure you're looking at the right device when finding the  IP from your router?  Mine listed a bunch of 'new-host-x' entries, and it took some picking to match the right one to my cubieboard.

warlock666

yes I am pretty sure its the right IP . Because - 1) connection is being refused and NOT "host not found".
2) I pinged it using CMD and then re-pinged it after disconnecting the ethernet cable just to check if  I am connecting to the right device.

DHCP is on by default on my router , so it has allocated it 192.168.2.104 and recognizes it as android device.

patwood

None of the Linux builds I've used show up as an android device on my router (yes, I have several android devices, like this tablet I'm writing on now, and they all show up as androids on my router). Are you sure your board is booting Linux from SD  and not android from internal nand?

warlock666

I had connected it to a monitor for a very small time at my friends ...There was a blue screen for username. Was it by any chance cubieez ? Sorry I know I am not helping you much here ... .
PS: Are there any documented bugs/incompatibilities for a 16GB class 10 SanDisk

warlock666

How can I check if SSH- Daemon is autostarting or not !

a2life

Is Cubieez using usual port 22 for SSH?  I ask this because Cubian is using port 36000 and it has thrown me off for a couple of days.

popboy126

use the ttl cable to control the board and install the SSH server application!

warlock666

Quote from: popboy126 on August 25, 2013, 04:56:16 am
use the ttl cable to control the board and install the SSH server application!

Thanks ill try that :)

kingneutron

> PS: Are there any documented bugs/incompatibilities for a 16GB class 10 SanDisk

I have used (2) 16GB Sandisk Ultra microSD cards in my Cubieboard and have gotten some I/O errors on both. Board overall is not as stable as I'd like it to be. You may want to try a different brand/class.