October 22, 2019, 09:48:17 am

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

livesuit on OSX with CB2 fails trying to flash to ubuntu

Started by xc2000, July 28, 2013, 04:35:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xc2000

Hello,

Trying to flash the NAND on a CB2 with livesuit on OSX with >cb_a20_ubn_12.04_x-v1.02-dram432.img<

First seems to work, Asking for Format or not > clicking with Format

Then hangs at 3% , showing 7 minutes left Forever.

When switching off cb2 shows > failed to flash firmware: pcall FAILED Tools_51.lua:38 attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'j' (a nil value) 2 279

Does someone have an idea what can be done if having this issue?

(When switched on, the Android Image is still working on CB2, so livesuit hasn't touched anything)
The livesuit is from the cubieboard download page, also the image is from there.

Any idea, what to do or try? ; Iam stuck there.
Just want to have Ubuntu on the NAND

xc2000

surprisingly flashing ran through with the Image >cb_a20_ubn_12.04_x-v1.03-hdmi<
so I guess there must be something wrong with the A20 Ubuntu images on cubieboards download Page.

patwood

Quote from: xc2000 on July 29, 2013, 02:36:36 am
surprisingly flashing ran through with the Image >cb_a20_ubn_12.04_x-v1.03-hdmi<
so I guess there must be something wrong with the A20 Ubuntu images on cubieboards download Page.

More likely there's something wrong with the OSX livesuit.

I gave up on the linux livesuit (which I assume the OSX version is based on) around 6 months ago.  There were lots of images (production android images) that it would refuse to flash, even though the windows version accepted them (although I had to fight with that all the time as well).  Since I don't do android development any more, I just write the nand directly from my SD builds.

tombs

Quote from: xc2000 on July 29, 2013, 02:36:36 am

I installed that very image image yesterday using OSX, no problems at all.