Author Topic: CUBIUNTU A20  (Read 134421 times)

Billa

Re: CUBIUNTU A20
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 11:19:59 am »
If I install the 3.4.3 Kernel my Realtek dongle isn't recognized.
Did you also copy the modules?

Actually I erased the kernel which was in /lib and then put the one that was optional. I can't remember the error but If I tried to mv the module folder into /lib it gave me an error and wouldn't let me do it even being root.

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 02:20:55 pm »

Actually I erased the kernel which was in /lib and then put the one that was optional. I can't remember the error but If I tried to mv the module folder into /lib it gave me an error and wouldn't let me do it even being root.
The kernel is on a different partition than the linux root file system (mmcblk0p1) and isn't in /lib.  The modules are in /lib/modules/3.3.0+, so if you replaced those but not the kernel, you have the 3.3.0 kernel and no drivers.  If you still have the sd card, run uname -a to see the kernel version.

You probably couldn't mv the modules directory to /lib because there's already a directory of that name there.   Here's what you should have done:

Code: [Select]
mv modules/3.4.3 /lib/modules           # 3.4.3 or whatever the correct name is
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt               # might already be mounted somewhere else, but that's okay
mv uImage /mnt/uImage2                  # pretty sure the 0.2 version boots uImage2 to keep it distinct from the A10 build
umount /mnt

Billa

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 03:10:13 pm »

The kernel is on a different partition than the linux root file system (mmcblk0p1) and isn't in /lib.  The modules are in /lib/modules/3.3.0+, so if you replaced those but not the kernel, you have the 3.3.0 kernel and no drivers.  If you still have the sd card, run uname -a to see the kernel version.

You probably couldn't mv the modules directory to /lib because there's already a directory of that name there.   Here's what you should have done:

mv modules/3.4.3 /lib/modules           # 3.4.3 or whatever the correct name is
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt               # might already be mounted somewhere else, but that's okay
mv uImage /mnt/uImage2                  # pretty sure the 0.2 version boots uImage2 to keep it distinct from the A10 build
umount /mnt

I love you man, I'll try that tonight and see how it goes.

Billa

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 03:16:44 am »
I am a moron and deleted the CUBIELOAD folder, is it too heavy? Can anybody upload it to a dropbox if it isn't?

ikeeki

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 09:55:03 am »
I'll upload it, it's not really neccesary though, maybe a couple of scripts, nothing you cant do by terminal

Billa

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 01:44:17 pm »
I'll upload it, it's not really neccesary though, maybe a couple of scripts, nothing you cant do by terminal

The optional kernel was inside it  :D

ikeeki

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 02:03:32 pm »
That was something that should had been removed from a10 version, don't think it'll work

Billa

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2013, 03:22:33 pm »
That was something that should had been removed from a10 version, don't think it'll work

Gotcha, gracias Ike, te debo una birra!

moaci

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 02:04:38 pm »
Hey guys!

Finally managed to write the cuibuntu image on the sd card and even booted. Got to the log in screen but neither linaro nor root user was accepted. It just threw me back at the log in screen after inserting user and pw.

Quit-->Reboot didn't quite work. It basically got stuck on the log in again, but this time in command line.
Now it won't boot anymore and stops at "Starting System V initialisation compatibility"  [fail]
btw: NetBIOS name server  [fail]  too
Sorry, no linux skills (yet).
Any ideas, what went wrong ?

greetings,
marc

ikeeki

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 02:16:13 pm »
Tell me the md5sum of your .img.
just write
md5sum /yourpathpath/cubiuntu.imgBe sure no wifi dongles are plugged. when booting. Try different sdcard, I had once a bad kingston sdcard that made me waste an entire week

moaci

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 03:05:39 pm »
Either my lubuntu is stupid, or I am stupid or the Terminal is stupid.
It just wouldn't do anything after the md5sum command. didn't matter if I typed in the path, or navigated with "cd" to the directory or opened the Terminal in the directory. Any other way to get the md5sum ?

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 03:44:50 pm »
Either my lubuntu is stupid, or I am stupid or the Terminal is stupid.
It just wouldn't do anything after the md5sum command. didn't matter if I typed in the path, or navigated with "cd" to the directory or opened the Terminal in the directory. Any other way to get the md5sum ?
md5sum is probably reading from standard input (aka the terminal/keyboard).  To kill it, try holding down the CTRL key and pressing C.  Then run

md5sum < some-file
replacing some-file with the image name.  The "<" tells the linux shell to redirect "some-file" to the standard input of the command instead of reading from the terminal.

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 03:47:32 pm »
Hey guys!

Finally managed to write the cuibuntu image on the sd card and even booted. Got to the log in screen but neither linaro nor root user was accepted. It just threw me back at the log in screen after inserting user and pw.
root password should be root and linaro password should be linaro; they work here for me, both from the HDMI GUI and from network logins.  Remember, everything in linux is case sensitive.

Offline leelou

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2013, 01:06:59 pm »
how do 1080p? :-\

Billa

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2013, 05:00:58 pm »
how do 1080p? :-\

I've tried various configurations with the bin and none of the 1080p works fine, all of them stretches to both sides and up and down, so right now I'm working with 720p which seems to work fine.