Author Topic: CUBIUNTU A20  (Read 146776 times)

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CUBIUNTU A20
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 02:44:32 pm »
VERSION 0.2 

0. Test VLC running. First try will be blurry (maybe). Use only the avi file supported, as it is VERY experimental.
Yeah, seems to work well if the video data is cached.  First run is always blocky, second and subsequent are fine.  Only works on smaller videos, though.  :(  Still any progress is good.

8. Tested with RTL8188cus wifi dongle, ethernet (dhcp), glmark2-es2 (experimental).
Just a note in case you thought this was exciting news: glmark2 is running with SW Mesa rendering, not Mali.  Mesa GLES wasn't working before due to Mali libraries being in the way of the Mesa libraries.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:32:50 pm by patwood »

Billa

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 02:54:31 pm »
To upgrade the version is it fine with an apt-get update / upgrade? Or do I have to burn the whole image again?

ikeeki

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 02:57:27 pm »
VERSION 0.2 

0. Test VLC running. First try will be blurry (maybe). Use only the avi file supported, as it is VERY experimental.
Yeah, seems to work well if the video data is cached.  First run is always blocky, second and subsequent are fine.  Only works on smaller videos, though.  :(  Still any progress is good.

8. Tested with RTL8188cus wifi dongle, ethernet (dhcp), glmark2-es2 (experimental).
Just a note in case you thought this was exciting news: glmark2 is running with SW Mesa rendering, not Mali.  Mesa GLES wasn't working before due to Mali libraries being in the way of the Mesa libraries.

MD5sum:
Code: [Select]
80f067542d18bb64b2295685820e144e
Hmmm, is this for the zip archive?  There's a Cubiuntu0.6-a20.md5 file in the archive itself that contains the md5 of the uncompressed image, which is fbb846f5835ec91a9d412d3062b45566.
Retesting, sorry, kind of dislexia atack

Do not Upgrade Billa

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 03:13:40 pm »
To upgrade the version is it fine with an apt-get update / upgrade? Or do I have to burn the whole image again?
Gotta burn a whole new image.  apt-get only works for installing packages from the ubuntu/linaro/3rd party package sites, *not* kernel or whole distribution updates (at least not for us).  We don't maintain package archives, we just upload images to the cubieforums.com ftp site.

Billa

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 03:32:24 pm »
Gotta burn a whole new image.  apt-get only works for installing packages from the ubuntu/linaro/3rd party package sites, *not* kernel or whole distribution updates (at least not for us).  We don't maintain package archives, we just upload images to the cubieforums.com ftp site.

Is it possible to keep all the stuff that I've already configured? (like Firefox, Pidgin, etc).

Billa

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 03:37:03 pm »
I think dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration is easier than what you wrote to switch the input from US to ES  ;D

ikeeki

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 03:46:06 pm »
I think dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration is easier than what you wrote to switch the input from US to ES  ;D
Yes, but I learnt a couple of things when I discovered how to change it MYSELF :P

XDXDXD

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 04:35:41 pm »
Fast boot (60 seconds of waiting interfaces are too much, let's say a couple of seconds)

Type:

sudo leafpad /etc/init/failsafe.conf

CHANGE

$PLYMOUTH message --text="Waiting up to 60 more seconds for network configuration..." || :
        sleep 59

BY

$PLYMOUTH message --text="Waiting up to 2 more seconds for network configuration..." || :
        sleep 2

Here's a better solution: in /etc/network/interfaces, set eth0 to allow-hotplug instead of auto:
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
This prevents the system from waiting for a network connection unless the ethernet cable is plugged in.

Edit: you also need to install the netplug package: "sudo apt-get install netplug"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:18:40 pm by patwood »

Billa

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 04:43:38 pm »
Fast boot (60 seconds of waiting interfaces are too much, let's say a couple of seconds)

Type:

sudo leafpad /etc/init/failsafe.conf

CHANGE

$PLYMOUTH message --text="Waiting up to 60 more seconds for network configuration..." || :
        sleep 59

BY

$PLYMOUTH message --text="Waiting up to 2 more seconds for network configuration..." || :
        sleep 2

Here's a better solution: in /etc/network/interfaces, set eth0 to allow-hotplug instead of auto:
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
This prevents the system from waiting for a network connection unless the ethernet cable is plugged in.

Is it enough to comment those lines and then put that in interfaces?

ikeeki

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 04:47:00 pm »
Of course.

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 05:26:29 pm »

Is it possible to keep all the stuff that I've already configured? (like Firefox, Pidgin, etc).
Unfortunately, no.  It's possible to update just the kernel: http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,504.msg2430.html#msg2430.  Make sure you read this all the way to the end; the current kernel in the ftp repository is much simpler to update.

ikeeki

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 06:09:54 pm »
OK Here you have one of the best (if not the best one) A20 image ever, enjoy.