October 20, 2019, 12:28:51 pm

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/


Cubieez, Debian 7.5 ARMHF A20 version (3.4.79 + MALI + G2D)

Started by drkbcn, July 21, 2013, 07:46:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

drkbcn

I'm proud to present Cubieez, a Debian 7.5 with kernel 3.4.79, adapted from de original Cubieez A10 version for Cubieboard 2 (A20).



Whats new on Cubieez 1.1 (A20):

  • Kernel 3.4.79 with perfomance governor and NOOP I/O Scheduler

  • New FBTURBO driver support (fb0)

  • New u-boot, faster boot

  • Upgraded to Debian 7.5, tons of packages were updated

  • DPMS fixed, no more screen blanking

  • Hidraw now supported

  • Updated iceweasel



Some features of Cubieez for A20:

  • Performance CPU governor

  • I/O Scheduler to NOOP increases perfomance on flash devices

  • Kernel 3.4.79 with ARMHF support

  • Based on Debian 7.5 Wheezy, creating the rootfs from zero for Cubie

  • Kernel support to major USB Wi-Fi adapters

  • Clock & date synchro with fake-hwclock (via ntp)

  • Debian 7.5 ARMHF repository (better than Ubuntu one)

  • LXDE base desktop with low mem consumption

  • audio CODEC (jack audio) and sunhdmi (HDMI audio)

  • microSD activity to green led (you can change it to blue into rc.local)

  • X11VNC, SSH (SFTP too) and other basic utils installed

  • iceweasel browser

  • Gnome Mplayer (less CPU consumption than lxmusic)

  • Benchmark tools (@ /root)



Info:
users: root / cubie
unified password: cubieboard (change it on first boot, please)
Default IP: 192.168.1.124 (edit /etc/network/interfaces or use NetworkManager)

A nameserver must be added to: /etc/resolv.conf (nameserver 8.8.8.8 )

Download "1.1" 3.4.79 from:

Download Cubieez 1.1 (A20 version) (1,65 GB)

A 4GB SD card is required right now, I don't think this will affect any user due to cheap prices of these kind of cards.

Older versions:

Download "1.0" 3.4.43 from:

Download Cubieez 1.0 (A20 version) (441 MB, md5: 1a124552cbe88fec4cb82c6e942b38b9)

Download "RC2" 3.3.0+ from:

Download Cubieez RC2 (A20 version) (457 MB)

Other:

cubie-config update with NAND install (maq99 mod):
https://github.com/maq99/nandinstall/blob/master/cubie-config
Blog sobre Raspberry Pi, Cubieboard y Linux
http://belinuxmyfriend.blogspot.com

patwood


sanyigz

July 21, 2013, 12:02:50 pm #2 Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:45:40 pm by sanyigz
Im writing this post using this image, its pretty fast. However for me youtube not works with the gnome player (stops at cacheing 5%).

Ok it works in plugin mode, but not always. If it works, the video performance is good enough in SD Mp4 format.

Technokrat78

How can I set static MAC adress ?
I've tried it into the script.fex (decompiled with bin2fex) but nothing happens, the MAC adress is still random ...

patwood

Quote from: Technokrat78 on July 23, 2013, 03:05:14 am
How can I set static MAC adress ?
I've tried it into the script.fex (decompiled with bin2fex) but nothing happens, the MAC adress is still random ...

Try setting mac_addr in uEnv.txt:

extraargs=mac_addr=3a:f3:cf:c5:d8:ca

ikeeki

July 23, 2013, 10:38:51 am #5 Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:28:03 am by ikeeki
Ready to add the dreamt drivers ;)

-in case they'll appear-

drkbcn

Quote from: ikeeki on July 23, 2013, 10:38:51 am
Ready to add the dreamt drivers ;)

-in case they'll appear-


We need a community like RasPi, but making hardware changes every "X" months is not a good idea.
Blog sobre Raspberry Pi, Cubieboard y Linux
http://belinuxmyfriend.blogspot.com

sanyigz

Anyone knows how to set the HDMI output resolution?
changing in script.bin is not enough as there only the standard HDTV resolutions can be selected,  but i need 1280x1024 @ 60hz.

I've tried with xorg.conf with adding modeline and without adding modeline, none worked.
I've tried with xrandr, where i could add the new 1280x1024 mode, which was visible in gui monitor settings too, but if i selected the 1280x1024, nothing happened, next time when i opened the settings, 1280x720 was set like if it didn't saved my setting. I've tried to change it from terminal using xrandr --output, but that isn't worked either, and no any error messages no reaction, just a blank screen for a brief moment.
Or this settings is connected to the gpu driver? So i can't change it until we get the mali drivers?

drkbcn

Quote from: sanyigz on July 23, 2013, 02:30:27 pm
Anyone knows how to set the HDMI output resolution?
changing in script.bin is not enough as there only the standard HDTV resolutions can be selected,  but i need 1280x1024 @ 60hz.

I've tried with xorg.conf with adding modeline and without adding modeline, none worked.
I've tried with xrandr, where i could add the new 1280x1024 mode, which was visible in gui monitor settings too, but if i selected the 1280x1024, nothing happened, next time when i opened the settings, 1280x720 was set like if it didn't saved my setting. I've tried to change it from terminal using xrandr --output, but that isn't worked either, and no any error messages no reaction, just a blank screen for a brief moment.
Or this settings is connected to the gpu driver? So i can't change it until we get the mali drivers?


The only way to change resolution is with script.bin or uEnv.txt and the supported resolution table:

screen0_output_type= (0:none; 1:lcd; 2:tv; 3:hdmi; 4:vga)
screen0_output_mode = (tv/hdmi output, 0:480i 1:576i 2:480p 3:576p 4:720p50 5:720p60 6:1080i50 7:1080i60 8:1080p24 9:1080p50 10:1080p60 11:pal 14:ntsc)
Blog sobre Raspberry Pi, Cubieboard y Linux
http://belinuxmyfriend.blogspot.com

sanyigz

That's what i've done to change from 720p 50hz to 720 60hz which is handled better by my monitor.

screen0_output_type what does this means? For example if i change this for screen0 from 3 (hdmi) to (vga) it will change the output too to physical vga, or it will remain on hdmi just with different mode? Because for VGA type there is 1280x1024 mode, but not for the hdmi type.

drkbcn

Quote from: sanyigz on July 23, 2013, 02:54:48 pm
That's what i've done to change from 720p 50hz to 720 60hz which is handled better by my monitor.

screen0_output_type what does this means? For example if i change this for screen0 from 3 (hdmi) to (vga) it will change the output too to physical vga, or it will remain on hdmi just with different mode? Because for VGA type there is 1280x1024 mode, but not for the hdmi type.


2    VGA 1360*768
3    VGA 1280*1024
4    VGA 1024*768
5    VGA 800*600
6    VGA 640*480
10    VGA 1920*1080
11    VGA 1280*720

These are possible values for VGA output. Fex guide available here:

http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide  8)
Blog sobre Raspberry Pi, Cubieboard y Linux
http://belinuxmyfriend.blogspot.com

Technokrat78

Quote from: patwood on July 23, 2013, 10:29:01 am
Quote from: Technokrat78 on July 23, 2013, 03:05:14 am
How can I set static MAC adress ?
I've tried it into the script.fex (decompiled with bin2fex) but nothing happens, the MAC adress is still random ...

Try setting mac_addr in uEnv.txt:

extraargs=mac_addr=3a:f3:cf:c5:d8:ca


Thanks, that was the missing hint.
It works  :)

sanyigz

Quote from: drkbcn on July 23, 2013, 03:00:52 pm
Quote from: sanyigz on July 23, 2013, 02:54:48 pm
That's what i've done to change from 720p 50hz to 720 60hz which is handled better by my monitor.

screen0_output_type what does this means? For example if i change this for screen0 from 3 (hdmi) to (vga) it will change the output too to physical vga, or it will remain on hdmi just with different mode? Because for VGA type there is 1280x1024 mode, but not for the hdmi type.


2    VGA 1360*768
3    VGA 1280*1024
4    VGA 1024*768
5    VGA 800*600
6    VGA 640*480
10    VGA 1920*1080
11    VGA 1280*720

These are possible values for VGA output. Fex guide available here:

http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide  8)


That's not solves the problem by setting the type to vga, it sets the output to the physical vga, but i still use hdmi...

mushroom20

Hello,

thanks drkbcn for the image. I put it on my SD card and booted my cubieboard. It's aksing for a password and I typed 'cubieboard' as written in the first post. But it seems not to work, I got the message 'incorrect password'. Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?

Markus

drkbcn

Quote from: mushroom20 on July 23, 2013, 04:37:10 pm
Hello,

thanks drkbcn for the image. I put it on my SD card and booted my cubieboard. It's aksing for a password and I typed 'cubieboard' as written in the first post. But it seems not to work, I got the message 'incorrect password'. Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?

Markus


root and cubie users use cubieboard as password, x11vnc too. Maybe caps lock enabled? You are the first who can't login :-\
Blog sobre Raspberry Pi, Cubieboard y Linux
http://belinuxmyfriend.blogspot.com