Author Topic: Install OwnCloud on Raspberry Pi (or any other ARM)  (Read 778 times)

Offline pUnK

• View Profile
Install OwnCloud on Raspberry Pi (or any other ARM)
« on: August 04, 2017, 01:00:00 pm »
It's great when you've got your own cloud storage server. OwnCloud is the one, that can help. Especially, if set up on an ARM-device (like Raspberry Pi) it is also savvy and simple. Learn my experience how I have succeeded top install OwnCloud on Raspberry Pi

(if you like it and have some other ARM device, go ahead and try this tutorial. Post the results to this thread)

Offline rgmhtt

• View Profile
Re: Install OwnCloud on Raspberry Pi (or any other ARM)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 01:56:37 pm »
Look at Nextcloud over Owncloud.

Don't know if anyone has gotten it working on RPi; and I work with Centos on Cubies.  Challenge there is Nextcloud wants php 7; and that will take a bit as Redhat is still back at php 5.4!  But there are ways....

So OK for Owncloud.  Look at Nextcloud.

Offline polly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 09:36:13 am »
nextcloud runs with PHP54 as well.
I have it run on a virtuel X86 Server with Centos7 and at home on a cubie3 truck with fedora 25. The performace on the old truck is lousy, but ok thats the old CPU.

Offline rgmhtt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 11:22:58 am »
What version of Nextcloud are you using?  Their site says that v11 works with php 5.4, but prefers 5.5 for security and performance updates and works best with php 7.  V 12 only lists php 5.6+

We are working up a php7 build for Centos7 from the CLS srpm.

What kind of drive do you have on your Cubietruck?  I have an 240GB SSD available for starters.  Have you followed the simple technique to boot off sata with Fedora/Centos?  (only have uboot on mSD, no partitions at all, all partitions on sata)?