Author Topic: Run multiple videos at once on the Cubieboard4 (A80)  (Read 1853 times)

Offline codewarriorfx

• View Profile
Run multiple videos at once on the Cubieboard4 (A80)
« on: June 22, 2017, 10:34:30 am »
Hello,

Im looking for a solution on the A80 to run multiple videos files simultaneously, like 3 or 4 videos at once on resolutions 720p or 1080p. I would like to do this using the hardware H264 decoder that the A80 offers.

I had done some tests on the Linaro image which includes VLC media player with hardware accelerated decoders (cedar-sunxi). I did this by first setting the VLC to allow to run more than one instance. When I execute the first h264 video it does it successfully, full 1080p resolution and smooth frame rate. But when I execute the 2nd video, the board freezes completely. This happens using hardware acceleration.

Now I did the same, but disabling the hardware acceleration. With one video at 1080p, the frame rate is sluggish and lots of skips. But I can have 3 or 4 videos at the same time running, but slow frame rate of course.

Does the A80 supports only one instance of video hardware decoding?

Offline codewarriorfx

• View Profile
Re: Run multiple videos at once on the Cubieboard4 (A80)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 03:31:32 pm »
No reply yet  :(

What I want to do is display multiple streams of different IP cameras or videos in H264, using the A80's hardware decoders. Videos or IP camera streams will be 1080p or 720p, at 30fps. Is this can be done on the A80 with hardware acceleration?

Offline kenzolen

• View Profile
Re: Run multiple videos at once on the Cubieboard4 (A80)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 06:07:05 am »
The past, I have, but find the answer alone about this. This has been known.