Author Topic: how to add HP laserjet printer on an embedded system?  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Ajorian

• View Profile
how to add HP laserjet printer on an embedded system?
« on: November 23, 2016, 01:17:53 am »
Hello every body. I'm developing an embedded system using cubieboard2. I Chose Linux as my operating system. To build a customized Linux I used BuildRoot project and generated uboot (as boot loader), Linux kernel and a Root filesystem that supports Qt. Now i wanna add a hp Laserjet 1102P printer to my embedded system, so I added cups (Common Unix Printing System) and Hplip packages to the BuildRoot and recompiled the project. Then I configured cups (setting listening port, setting SystemGroup and setting acceses) and install my printer driver on the board using a web browser (board_ip_address:631). now when i send a test print i get nothing!
can any body help me?

thanks.

Offline lawrence

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: how to add HP laserjet printer on an embedded system?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:43:00 am »
Check /var/spool to see if anything going in there.

I'd also look at the usual /var/log/syslog and /var/log/messages to see if anything in there.

Also look at standard troubleshooting stuff like
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingPrintingProblems

Nothing really special because its a cubie, its standard linux..

Offline Ajorian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 08:26:50 am »
thank you from your reply, i forgot to say content of my error log in : in file /var/log/cups/error_log  it is as bellow:

E [23/Nov/2016:16:45:46 +0000] Unable to open listen socket for address [v1.::]:631 - Address family not supported by protocol.
E [23/Nov/2016:16:51:38 +0000] [Client 15] Empty Basic password.
W [23/Nov/2016:16:53:14 +0000] CreateProfile failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:The name org.freedesktop.ColorManager was not provided by any .service files
W [23/Nov/2016:16:53:14 +0000] CreateDevice failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:The name org.freedesktop.ColorManager was not provided by any .service files
W [23/Nov/2016:16:53:19 +0000] CreateProfile failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:The name org.freedesktop.ColorManager was not provided by any .service files
W [23/Nov/2016:16:53:19 +0000] CreateDevice failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:The name org.freedesktop.ColorManager was not provided by any .service files

Offline kwacka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 06:12:10 pm »
I know this is an old thread, but for the benefit of anybody having problems with HP P1102, P1005, and all the other 'Winprinters'

Go to http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/ identify your printer, download appropriate file and follow the instructions in the instruction file exactly.

If it works for you, consider making a donation to the developer (no connection to me).

HTH