Author Topic: Cubieboard v2 (A20) images  (Read 73410 times)

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cubieboard v2 (A20) images
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2013, 04:25:26 pm »
Just a quick note that the CB2 A20 distros should all work on the A20 version of the Rikomagic mk802 android stick.  You just need to replace the script.bin on the boot file system with the one from the mk802's android boot partition (here's a copy: http://dl.cubieforums.com/patwood/script-mk802-A20.bin).  This device has no ethernet port, and accessing the serial console requires opening it up and soldering to some test points (assuming the A20 board even brings the serial port out to the edge -- the A10 version did), so unbricking it if you screw up the nand will likely require using Livesuit.

Offline osella.esteban

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2013, 07:05:21 pm »
Hi: I'm new at cb, bought a cb2 couple of weeks ago, with the mercury dongle. I could get wifi connection on ubuntu with the following ubuntu immages:
cb_a20_ubn_12.04-hdmi-v1.04
cb_a20_ubn_12.04-hdmi-v1.04beta1

fotunatelly, with the android one, there is no problem.

I tryed configuring the /etc/network/interfaces file as posted in http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,589.msg3003.html#msg3003
but no success too.

Any idea/suggestions?

Thanks!

Esteban

zopostyle

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2013, 10:09:03 pm »
Finally I got it working, low-format solved my msd card problem...
Now can I resize the partition that linux uses? Or how can I change to everything from now on get installed and saved to the new partition that I can create with the space not used in the sdcard?

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2013, 12:27:42 am »
Now can I resize the partition that linux uses? Or how can I change to everything from now on get installed and saved to the new partition that I can create with the space not used in the sdcard?
Depending on the image, you can either use gparted or fdisk+resize2fs to increase the size of the root partition.  Just search for these on the forums -- there are several tutorials.

ikeeki

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2013, 01:44:04 am »

http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,475.0.html

zopostyle

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2013, 08:58:01 pm »

http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,475.0.html
Depending on the image, you can either use gparted or fdisk+resize2fs to increase the size of the root partition.  Just search for these on the forums -- there are several tutorials.

Thanks, I've searched but haven't fround..gonna do that tomorrow... now I need to sleep..

zopostyle

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2013, 07:12:44 pm »
What's the root password?
I tried root / root but no success just cubie and cubie does the login..

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2013, 09:58:04 pm »
What's the root password?
I tried root / root but no success just cubie and cubie does the login..
Which image?  For the A20 version of CUBIUNTU I made, the root password is root; for some, you have to log in first and use sudo to do anything requiring root privs (i.e., you cannot log in directly as root).  On these distros, you either have to create a root password by doing "sudo passwd root" and entering a new root password or change the "PermitRootLogin no" entry in /etc/ssh/sshd_config to "PermitRootLogin yes" (or both).

zopostyle

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2013, 08:32:00 pm »
It's cubian...I think there is no root user..

Anyway.. how can I fix the hardware address of eth0? I tried editing the file /etc/network/interfaces and setting
hwaddress ether 00:01:04:1b:2C:1F
But then I got no network.. When I remove and reboot it goes back to normal..

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2013, 11:29:02 pm »
It's cubian...I think there is no root user..
Oh, there is -- just look at the /etc/passwd file.  There has to be a root user, but if you look at the /etc/shadow file, you'll probably see a * instead of a random string, meaning logging into the account is disabled.  Also, root login via ssh is typically disabled via the conf file.

Anyway.. how can I fix the hardware address of eth0? I tried editing the file /etc/network/interfaces and setting
hwaddress ether 00:01:04:1b:2C:1F
But then I got no network.. When I remove and reboot it goes back to normal..
I've never used ifconfig or /etc/network/interfaces to set the MAC address, so I can't comment on why it's not working.  I set it via the mac_addr= kernel command line argument (by setting it in extraargs in uEnv.txt).

Note that if you're using some random value for your MAC address, it should have bit 0 unset and bit 1 set on the high-order byte (e.g., 02:01:04:1b:2C:1F).  The creates a "locally administered address".  See  this for details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address#Address_details.

DaronSilverberg

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2014, 05:33:04 am »
Hi,
imagesworks but id didn't find any serial solar panel.
Can you upload the modules or can you give me a  link to a good howto, to compile the modules
myself ?

I need them because i want to use the board to collect data from my solar system

I test some other distros (direct and cross compiled).

But they never come up, when i try to boot from sd-card  :(

/jörg

Hello friend I know thread is bit old but have you got the images? Even I do need them so please share them if you can..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:24:57 am by DaronSilverberg »