Author Topic: Cubieez 1.0, Debian 7.5 ARMHF + 2D/3D Acc. + 3.4.90 Kernel  (Read 190160 times)

Offline drkbcn

• View Profile
    • Cubieboard, Raspberry Pi & Linux
Re: Cubieez, Debian 7.1 ARMHF + MALI 400 + G2D (XBMC Bins)
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 05:11:50 pm »
drkbcn, it is possible to download the file "Cubieez 0.1 RC1" is showing page not found, could again put another link to download?

Links restored  ;)
Blog sobre Raspberry Pi, Cubieboard y Linux
http://belinuxmyfriend.blogspot.com

tax

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 06:42:28 pm »
drkbcn, it is possible to download the file "Cubieez 0.1 RC1" is showing page not found, could again put another link to download?

Links restored  ;)

Thank you! downloading!!

gaRFio

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 05:28:46 am »
Very Nice...

ZS-Man

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 12:42:14 pm »
Hi, how to change resolution ? Om my HD TV run fine, but on LCD monitor (1280x1024) - Out of range........
Thanks.

Offline skdauser

• View Profile
Re: Cubieez, Debian 7.1 ARMHF + MALI 400 + G2D
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 03:13:53 pm »
I wanted to try this image because i have one free 2GB micro sd card  - but when i want to write it with win32diskimager it reports that the card does not have enought space on it.

---------------------------
Write Error
---------------------------
Not enough space on disk: Size: 3854336 sectors  Available: 3842048 sectors  Sector size: 512

- is that micro sd faulty or what?

Is there an option for faster remote desktop access like VNC? I like it but it is damn slow - i read something about redirecting x with ssh - can someone help with setup this? - or it is not usable for that purpouse?

From Linux: ssh -X user@host
From Windows: Install XMing Server + PuTTY (Forward X11)

Thank you for that - but i need an explanation how to start the remote desktop from cubie on the other side (wheres xming installed) - i did everything what i read to configure it ( sshd.conf  putty x11conf and... ) but on the other side when i start putty and than ssh -X linaro@<IPofCubie> no screen shows (xming does nothing) - when i put there >startx - FATAL error (something like x is already running). What i do wrong or how can i start xlde desktop from cubie on that windows pc?

Offline drkbcn

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 03:21:44 pm »
Hi, how to change resolution ? Om my HD TV run fine, but on LCD monitor (1280x1024) - Out of range........
Thanks.

You can do it with uEnv.txt or script.bin:

http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,442.msg2150.html#msg2150

Offline drkbcn

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 03:25:39 pm »

Thank you for that - but i need an explanation how to start the remote desktop from cubie on the other side (wheres xming installed) - i did everything what i read to configure it ( sshd.conf  putty x11conf and... ) but on the other side when i start putty and than ssh -X linaro@<IPofCubie> no screen shows (xming does nothing) - when i put there >startx - FATAL error (something like x is already running). What i do wrong or how can i start xlde desktop from cubie on that windows pc?

PuTTY with XMing can't manage a desktop (you can't do startx) and it's only for X11 forwarding, like open "pcmanfm" on a remote desktop. If you want to connect to your desktop you must enable autologin on Cubieez and use any VNC client to connect (like UltraVNC)

Offline skdauser

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2013, 03:39:32 pm »

PuTTY with XMing can't manage a desktop (you can't do startx) and it's only for X11 forwarding, like open "pcmanfm" on a remote desktop. If you want to connect to your desktop you must enable autologin on Cubieez and use any VNC client to connect (like UltraVNC)

Thank you - now i understand

bbellido

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 03:36:46 pm »
Hello,

first, great job!!

I'm newbie, I`m from spain. I have a cubieboard 2, how could i install cubieez in nand in cubieboard 2? how can I do that?

Thanks in advance, best regards!!!

Offline drkbcn

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 05:04:39 am »
Hello,

first, great job!!

I'm newbie, I`m from spain. I have a cubieboard 2, how could i install cubieez in nand in cubieboard 2? how can I do that?

Thanks in advance, best regards!!!

You must own a modified script.bin to boot up. I'll make a DIY tutorial ASAP, but now i'm busy working on RC2.

Spanish: Debes tener un script.bin modificado para arrancar. Haré un tutorial para hacerlo uno mismo lo antes que pueda, pero ando liadillo trabajando en la RC2. Gracias!

bbellido

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 11:01:51 am »
Thank you very much again, I'll be waiting, I want to use your distro cubie2 in the nand. Thanks again in advance.

In spanish  ;D : Muchas gracias de nuevo, estare expectante, quiero usar tu distro en en la cubie2 en la nand. Mil gracias de nuevo por anticipado.

albert716

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2013, 06:35:03 pm »
I am pretty new to the Cubieboard, (Owned for about a month) and have tried many distros (trial and error) until I came across Cubieez.  Great work!

It works amazingly, but I have a question: Is it possible to play audio through both hdmi and the headphone jack at the same time?

The reason I ask is because I am trying to use the Cubieboard to play pandora and such to my home theater system, but I need hdmi output to one zone and analog output to another.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline drkbcn

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2013, 08:36:19 pm »
I am pretty new to the Cubieboard, (Owned for about a month) and have tried many distros (trial and error) until I came across Cubieez.  Great work!

It works amazingly, but I have a question: Is it possible to play audio through both hdmi and the headphone jack at the same time?

The reason I ask is because I am trying to use the Cubieboard to play pandora and such to my home theater system, but I need hdmi output to one zone and analog output to another.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Thank you! Try with jackd: http://jackaudio.org/multiple_devices and let me know :)

albert716

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2013, 02:49:24 pm »

Thank you! Try with jackd: http://jackaudio.org/multiple_devices and let me know :)

I haven't had a chance to fully try this, but I will tomorrow.  Thanks

bernards2r

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 03:48:25 am »
Hello, thanks for your image

It works fine on my TVscreen with HDMI,
but when i connect a vga screen (a Benq 21') through a adaptateur the image screen stays on the left part of the screen.
Imean, i just can see half of the sceen and a big black strip on the right. I tried to work this way but it is not easy !

So, to eliminate a disfunction of the adaptateur hdmi to vga, i made a check with LINARO and it works fine.

May be somebody has a idea to fixe my problem  :D