I'm proud to present Cubieez
, a Debian 7.5 with the lastest kernel from sunxi-linux and 3D + 2D acceleration.
Whats new on Cubieez 1.0 (final):
- Debian 7.5, upgraded to lastest Debian Wheezy stable version.
- New fbturbo framebuffer. Graphics performance are now better.
- Iceweasel updated from 17 to 24.6.0
- Lastest Kernel from linux-sunxi, now is 3.4.90 with a lot of modules/drivers.
- Verbose boot
- Little bugs fixed and improved performance
- eth0 configured with DHCP (old settings are commented @ /etc/network/interfaces)
Some features of Cubieez:
- CPU governor set to performance from Kernel
- Kernel 3.4.90 with ARMHF support, compiled and with some tweaks by myself
- Based on Debian 7.5 Wheezy, creating the rootfs from zero for Cubie (not ported from other A10 device as many images)
- Native iptables support. A Linux distro without iptables is not a real Linux
- Kernel support to major USB Wi-Fi adapters
- Clock & date synchro with fake-hwclock (via ntp)
- Binary Mali400 driver installed and working for 3D accel
- 2D acceleration (G2D, SFB)
- Own compiled drivers/utils from last sources
- Debian 7.5 ARMHF repository (better than Ubuntu one)
- LXDE base desktop with low mem consumption
- sun4i audio CODEC (jack audio) and sun4isndhdmi (HDMI audio)
- X11VNC, SSH (SFTP too) and other basic utils installed
- iceweasel browser (chromium is temporally out from Debian armhf repos due a bug)
- Gnome Mplayer (less CPU consumption than lxmusic)
- Benchmark tools and driver sources (@ /root)
- Lightweight, only 2GB microSD required. Can be expanded to bigger ones.
root / cubieunified password:
cubieboard (change it on first boot, please)Default IP:
Assigned now with DHCP (for static IP edit /etc/network/interfaces or use NetworkManager)Download "1.0" from:
Download Cubieez 1.0
For A20 version go HERE
Download "Release Candidate 2" from:
Download Cubieez 0.1 RC2
Thanks to ikeeki
for the beta testing Extras for Cubieez & Cubiuntu:
cubie-config update with NAND install
- cubie-config update with NAND install (maq99 mod)
Download Kernel w/ TUNXBMC ARMHF + CedarX drkbcn native build (rellla's fork):
- Kernel 3.4.43 (performance) with TUN enabled (07/05/2013)
Download XBMC binaries
- XBMC first release, not optimized yet. Only for testing. (07/08/2013)
Just uncompress on "/" and run "/allwinner/xbmc-pvr-binhf/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin". Required modules: mesa, ump, lcd, hdmi.
Install dependencies first with:
sudo apt-get install libssh-4 libmicrohttpd10 libtinyxml2.6.2 libyajl2 liblzo2-2 libpython2.7 libpcrecpp0 libhal1 libhal-storage1Pending:
- Dirty regions, LIRC, etc.
I'll release in the next days the Cubieez rootfs with XBMC integrated in a 2GB microSD image. Thanks for your patience.