Author Topic: 10" LCD Touch Display Chalk-Electronics  (Read 3692 times)

Mustercompany

10" LCD Touch Display Chalk-Electronics
« on: June 27, 2013, 07:47:17 am »
Hello,

this display should work out of the box, or ?

http://www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1280#!/~/product/category=3094861&id=14647624

thx, mustercompany

Maugrim

Re: 10" LCD Touch Display Chalk-Electronics
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 11:02:50 am »
Video will work with the HDMI adaptor pretty much out of the box, assuming there is something on the PIC for EDID, and even if there isnt.

LVDS connection might need a touch more work. Im not experienced there so I wont comment.

Touchscreen? Its going to depend on if whatever is driving the touchscreen has applicable kernel modules available. I would rate your chances as high, but not definate.

I would wait for someone with a bit more experience with LVDS/Touchscreens to comment though. Im just passing my 2c

Mustercompany

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 11:30:45 am »
Thx for your comments,

i think i will order one, because it says it will work with a raspberry pi ,wich i own too.

And i think if it works with the raspi it will work with the cubieboard too.........

diegocarrera

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:42:03 am »
Hi Mr. Mustercompany

Did you get the touch monitor from chalk-electronics?

Did it works fine with cubieboard?

Because im very interisting to do same purchase.

Thanks u in advanced

Diego

Offline bug

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 05:51:20 am »
Hi!

I just wanted to share my experience with chalk-elec: I ordered once and received a damaged touch screen. I tried to contact them for a solution or another working touch screen but they did not respond to any of my mails. However, in the end I could get my money back with PayPal buyer protection. So personally I would not order any product from them again.

BR bug