Author Topic: Do I have a dud board  (Read 2089 times)

Offline lloyd61

• View Profile
Do I have a dud board
« on: August 20, 2016, 04:45:52 am »
Hello,

Have received my Cubieboard 5 and was very keen to get something running on it, anything. But I have now tried several different images and I get nothing. Relevant points as follows;

Have display plugged into HMDI port. The display and cable are what I use for my Raspberry Pi and work fine.

I am using a Windows PC and WIN32 Disk Imager to try and create the bootable SD cards. I use this combination to create bootable SD cards for my Raspberry Pi with no issues at all.

One thing I have noticed is that after using the above method to make a Raspberry Pi bootable SD card, I am still able to view the contents with the PC file browser. But after I have written a so called Cubieboard 5 image to a SD card, if I try to view it, Windows now tells me it does not recognise the file structure and advises that it needs to be formatted. Why would the file structure change for a Cubieboard image from a Raspberry Pi when I am using the same process to write the image.

With just power applied to the board, should the Cubieboard 5 display anything when power is applied?

What do the 4 coloured less mean?

I have noted that with o SD card inserted these all light with two flashing. If I plug a SD card in with an image on it and reboot the board, no lights come on at all.

Have even tried BootBerry, which following the YouTube video implies it is just a simple matter of writing the files to the SD, plug in and bang, away you go. But my board just sits there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK, it is looking more like a dud board. I am certain I have now been able to create a bootable SD with BerryBoot. I am able to view the contents within windows after creation, just like I can with Raspberry Pi.

I then place it in the slot, turn on the board and nothing happens, no light activity.

Anybody had success with getting a replacement?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 06:33:40 am by lloyd61 »

Offline actkk2000

• View Profile
Re: Do I have a dud board
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 04:12:47 pm »
Images for Raspberry Pi are not be compatible with CB5
See if you can find a suitable image for CB5 here:
http://dl.cubieboard.org/model/CubieBoard5/