October 20, 2019, 12:31:42 pm

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

After so much time i decided to get a Nvidia Shield ATV

Started by AndiBcool, October 15, 2015, 02:58:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AndiBcool

Gotten the Cubietruck now 1 year and 9 months and i cant still use it they way i bought it for.

I wanted a little Desktop PC like replacement for tiny things. The best image i had was some Aruntu, that did work kinda ok. Everything else did just fail on a few things. Anyway its still not very good due the lack of open hardware drivers and no support from Cubietech.
I wanted to do a server that runs TV Headend and also Kodi to watch DVB-T, DVB-C and Ip TV and maybe some streaming, but its useless for that since i cant compile the right driver with existing images / kernals.

I did try Android images and use for Netflix, again its totally useless. 

I tryed some emulation but its also hopeless. 

The only thing you can do is to setup a little server for some private NAS or Cloud stuff or other Webservices.

Now i bought me this Nvidia Shield Android TV and tell you what, it does all what i wanted just awesome.
Only the TV Stick needs some care but i can use that cheap Raspberyy pie for that and its actually works.

So im totally disapointed with the Cubietruck and even more from Cubietech.
They did deliver some nice hardware but dont support it with software. That makes the whole things totally crappy.
If i ever buy a SoC again i will be sure stay away from Allwinner chips and Cubietech.