Author Topic: is now all youtube content visible  (Read 4973 times)

Offline df0021

• View Profile
is now all youtube content visible
« on: October 14, 2015, 08:43:29 pm »
Hello,
long time ago did I try to see youtube movies on my cubieboard 2.
I used debian and midori and did install some player except flash player.
But a lot of youtube movies need just the flash player, the player not working on an A20 system.
Therefore was it often impossible to see youtube movies.

I forgot the cubieboard, but now do I intend to see youtube movies and internet content on a tv.
How is the situation two years later? Should I try to make a cubieboard 3 practicable or should I buy a pc stick with windows? I do not like very much the windows os, but the insolved flash problem on A20 is bad.
What is your recommandation?
Thanks in advance
df0021

PS Is a flash youtube on android visible? I did it not test.

Offline beerstein

• two beers or not two beers that is the question
    • View Profile
Re: is now all youtube content visible
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 05:28:59 am »
Hi: I just started to use IGORs ARMbian Oct-12, 2015 version with the Xfce4.1 desktop on a cubietruck (CB3-A20)
This version supports graphic acceleration and the iceweasel browser displays Youtube videos perfectly. But -
only some videos have sound others do not. My video runs via HDMI and my speakers are hooked up to the analog 3.5 mm audio output connector. Sound is coming out of this connector, but not from certain videos on youtube. VLC plays mp4 perfectly - sound and video.
I am now in the process to find out where I can start fixing iceweasel to play analog sound. May be you can help.
Please let me know.

Offline df0021

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 02:17:41 pm »
Hello beerstein,
I'm afraid I can't help you.
I did install also iceweasel (and midori and vlc) and sometime was the youtube play correct, but there was a lot of youtube's not visible.

I hope there is an expert who can explain if the newer cubieboards are able to show all youtube's.
I'm still waiting.

df0021

Offline beerstein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 08:38:46 am »
thank you for your response. I learned from a debian related forum, that most browsers handle audio
output differently. A workaround could be that we install the google chromium browser and try this one. I will do that within the next few days and post back.

Offline orcrist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 09:05:02 am »
Hi: I just started to use IGORs ARMbian Oct-12, 2015 version with the Xfce4.1 desktop on a cubietruck (CB3-A20)
This version supports graphic acceleration and the iceweasel browser displays Youtube videos perfectly. But -
only some videos have sound others do not. My video runs via HDMI and my speakers are hooked up to the analog 3.5 mm audio output connector. Sound is coming out of this connector, but not from certain videos on youtube. VLC plays mp4 perfectly - sound and video.
I am now in the process to find out where I can start fixing iceweasel to play analog sound. May be you can help.
Please let me know.

Which one of Igor's images did you download? I see that for now the desktop image for cubietruck does not exist...

Offline beerstein

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 01:36:47 pm »
sorry my post was misleading. The version I was talking about is:
Armbian Wheezy for Cubietruck Debian 3.4.109
Then I added the xfce DE.
Everything works great so far, exept sound in iceweasel playing youtube.
From other forums I learned that  web browsers handle ALSA in different ways and that it is not
easy to set the priority for ALSA. Maybe somebody here has the same problem but has more knowledge and can help.

Offline Tokka

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 10:11:47 am »
Hi guys,
flashplayer doesn't works on firefox, for youtube you have to switch to html5. If you need flash, you have to use chrome.
Cheers
CB1 (A10) - Qbee-X_TMC

Offline orcrist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 02:37:16 am »
sorry my post was misleading. The version I was talking about is:
Armbian Wheezy for Cubietruck Debian 3.4.109
Then I added the xfce DE.
Everything works great so far, exept sound in iceweasel playing youtube.
From other forums I learned that  web browsers handle ALSA in different ways and that it is not
easy to set the priority for ALSA. Maybe somebody here has the same problem but has more knowledge and can help.

Thanx for the info. Have you had any luck on playing mp4, avi and mkv?

Offline beerstein

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 06:22:06 am »
HI:
mp4 plays nice (including video acceleration) in VLC. I did not try mp3, but it should work
also. The underlaying problem is iceweasel. Iceweasel play video perfectly but no sound. This is because alsa (the sound system) is not connecting to the iceweasel sound player.
I found some hints on the web and will tinker around.
May be the audio server PA (pulseaudio) or Jack bay help.
I will post back here.