Author Topic: Flashing Allwinners A10 based tablet  (Read 2907 times)

Offline lyoko22

• View Profile
Flashing Allwinners A10 based tablet
« on: July 16, 2015, 02:10:16 pm »
Hello everyone. Recently I took out my old tablet from the closet a bit confused about what to do with it.
And after booting it up and looking up on it's parts (sun4i, mali-400) I realised i want to replace my raspberry pi HTPC with this.

I have been doing research on these days and have ended up bricking the tablet by touching some U-boot.ini on the bootloader partitions.
I want to get rid of the Android and get something more usable instead.

I'm unable to boot from my microSD port, USB Stick, Flashing with LiveSUIT.
On live suit every image I attempt to input gets me "Invalid Image File".

I am still able to get the tablet into FEL mode but not sure how to proceed. (getting 1f3a:efe8 on lsusb).

Please any advice on how I should proceed from here? I will be very glad!

Offline actkk2000

• View Profile
Re: Flashing Allwinners A10 based tablet
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 04:14:56 pm »
Even if you have a CB1 board, not sure if this applies for what you need:
http://docs.cubieboard.org/tutorials/cb2/development/booting_from_usb_in_fel_mode

Note aside, CB1 is not a good replacement for HTPC because it's GPU is not as good as Raspberry Pi's...
Perhaps this distro is the closest to what you need, even being Android:
http://docs.cubieboard.org/tutorials/cb1/installation/installing_androidtv_for_cubieboard

Just make sure to press FEL button on the board to write the image.

Good luck! :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 04:16:35 pm by actkk2000 »

Offline lyoko22

• View Profile
Re: Flashing Allwinners A10 based tablet
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 07:45:34 am »
Unrelated to this subject: Can I dump the rom from the USB-OTG back to my computer? I didn't find any tool that can do that at sunxi-tools.

And I managed to boot archlinux from my microSD card. and it works but doesn't recognize the onboard 16GB NAND.
I cannot boot into android anymore because i messed up with it's boot partition, so it will be harder to know the name of the kernel module it uses for the NAND memory. But when i did have access it displayed the NAND device like this
Code: [Select]
/dev/nanda /dev/nandb /dev/nandc ..... /dev/nandg. under archlinux I cannot find any nand at /dev/.
I'm not sure what is the right way to get NAND so I could write arch on the NAND.