Author Topic: Cubieez flashing white...task bar  (Read 1937 times)

Offline davec

• View Profile
Cubieez flashing white...task bar
« on: June 25, 2015, 12:19:04 pm »
Loaded up Cubieez 2.0 onto my CB2 and did the updates and upgrades. Everything seemed to be working fine until I installed LibreOffice. Now I get a flashing white task bar. It seems to be something related to the autostart file. It also happen after I reloaded everything and trying installing the X-Screensaver extras.

when I cd /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE and then run sudo leafpad autostart, I can change the line to read @lxpanel --profile (deleat stuff here) and it will boot up fine but without a task bar.

Any ideas?

Offline davec

• View Profile
Re: Cubieez flashing white...task bar
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »
Fixed it for now. :)

Was able to fire up the Synaptic Package Manager.

Then did a search for lxpanel and when I right clicked it the menu included the option to upgrade.

Did this and got the task bar back after a reboot.

Life is good
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:38:12 pm by davec »

Offline elker.carvalho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 11:16:18 pm »
davec,

Can you explain better how did you fix it? Im facing the same problem here. Thanks

Offline davec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 12:35:59 pm »
Before doing any updates, go to the start menu lower left and click on the preferences. Then right click on the "Synaptic Package Manager" and add it to your desktop.

This will allow you to fix the problem after doing the updates. After you have done the updates and now have the flashing white task bar, simple click on the "Synaptic Package Manager" and upgrade the Lxpanel then reboot