Author Topic: Build latest uboot with NAND support [CLOSED]  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Sergey Kostyuk

• View Profile
Build latest uboot with NAND support [CLOSED]
« on: June 18, 2015, 11:46:12 am »
Good day, community! Advice needed

Intro. The only thing I need is to boot ArchLinux ARM from the NAND flash. This was possible, as I remember, by flashing cubie_nand_uboot_partition_image.bin image, which is walking around. Or building an image from the lichee-dev branch of u-boot-sunxi repo and then flashing it to NAND. But several days ago ArhcLinux ARM team updated their kernel (PKGBUILD) to 4.0.5 and the new kernel needs an updated U-Boot (maybe, because kernel image format was changed from uImage to zImage). But the updated U-Boot package (PKGBUILD) was compiled from the upstream uboot code and can be flashed only on SD-card. So, I'm stuck. On the one hand, I want to get latest updates of the kernel and U-Boot (even if building from the source is needed). On the other hand, corresponding pre-compiled uboot is only available for SD-card installs.

So, is there any way to merge lichee-dev and upstream branches of U-Boot? Is there any other ways to use only NAND for booting of ArchLinux ARM on Cubieboard A10?

Thank you and sorry for my English. I'm working on it :) . Any additional information about the system installed, explanations about what I want will be provided, if needed.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:52:31 am by Sergey Kostyuk »

Offline Sergey Kostyuk

• View Profile
Re: Build latest uboot with NAND support
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 10:51:51 am »
OK, question is CLOSED. NAND support is planned on v2015.07 release of the mainline U-Boot. So there is nothing to do except wait. See this page for details: https://linux-sunxi.org/Mainline_U-boot
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:54:19 am by Sergey Kostyuk »