Author Topic: Cubieboard4 linaro ubuntu desktop 1.0 release  (Read 12081 times)

Offline Christobalde

• View Profile
Re: Cubieboard4 linaro ubuntu desktop 1.0 release
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 05:13:51 am »
There is not just the CDROM problem, and it takes them one minute to update the image but they dont care.

This is a bad BETA 0.5 version of A80 Kernel with unusability of the graphic driver.
You have 3D accelerated OR 2D accelerated, but not both !!!

And now they have a new toy, the cubietruck plus with H8 chip, so I think now we have to wait for an innexistant community to develop a video driver...

So this board, in the next future, will be called "pollution of the earth", having an excellent harware on the paper (we dont know as we didn't see it really working), and an innexistant software...

So please, when you have finish to play with, dont put it in your trash, make a box and sent it back to china. You will not make pollution in your country, back to the manufacturer.

Offline sam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 05:51:21 am »
There is not just the CDROM problem, and it takes them one minute to update the image but they dont care.

This is a bad BETA 0.5 version of A80 Kernel with unusability of the graphic driver.
You have 3D accelerated OR 2D accelerated, but not both !!!

And now they have a new toy, the cubietruck plus with H8 chip, so I think now we have to wait for an innexistant community to develop a video driver...

So this board, in the next future, will be called "pollution of the earth", having an excellent harware on the paper (we dont know as we didn't see it really working), and an innexistant software...

So please, when you have finish to play with, dont put it in your trash, make a box and sent it back to china. You will not make pollution in your country, back to the manufacturer.

You can use android if you want to use hardware fully.     Liinux Graphic driver is from soc company. We have no souce.only get some library file .    We only  depend on them.  A80 's community   is  small.  Only fewer person are  improving  the software.  You must know that.   About Updating the image , What 's your problem , Do you have a advice?

Offline Christobalde

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 06:43:11 am »
Dear Sam,

Just for make understanding everyone here, you work for Cubitech isn't it ?

It's easy to say it's Allwinner fault, but they are not in charge of the Kernel DEFCONFIG, but you are.
When people say to you : "CDROM is not working, IRDA, Modem, WebCAM..." why you didn't make the work which does not depends on Allwinner Tech ?

Olso, calling this version 1.0 is very pretentious, as for every body this mean this is quite final version with no bugs found. So let's count down it to 0.5Beta, more honest.

to understand my frustration, let me explain that it'now more than 9 month we are trying to work, with the elements we have ( near noting ) and our team made a better work than you. We spent more than 10 thousand euro to be in time because everyone at Allwinner Says it a beatiful blonde with big tits, but after all this time, we can says it's still a big chubby.

For your information, people want to program under linux on this kind of machine, Android as no interrest, but showing some functionnality on a system but not on the another is's a scandal.

You buy thousands pieces at allwinner, you allways make board only with AW chips, So I think the truth is you are working for AW with a different name, as Merrii !

I sent a lot of mail at Cubitech / AW / Merri, it seems you are very professionnal by putting the responsability to the overs, with of course no results.

So please now, forget the H8 board, because you will not be able to make it run ( same PVR core SGX ), and finish the work with the frame buffer / Triple Head / USB3 / IRDA (...) and stop saying "it's a grat relase..." 

And if you want to know who am I, have a look at your mail box.
In some country, selling something which is not working is illegal, so warning and do your work.

We need result, and we need to see them in this current month, after I will be very furious, for now i am still quite but be warn of the calm watter !
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 10:22:41 am by Christobalde »

Offline IgorGlock

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2015, 02:48:20 pm »
At the moment he is uploading a 1.1 version of image.

It stucks at 11.1MB ... :o

Offline IgorGlock

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2015, 03:58:37 pm »
Nothing happens?

Offline Christobalde

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 05:55:12 am »
Nothing happens?

We have a 2D/3D Drivers  ;)
I cant explain you how and please don't ask me to publish it, I can't.

We have reverse engeenered the mediacodec and we understand everythings.
The only think I can says for sure is that you will nether have a officialy 2D codec source code, because of what we discovered inside this codec ( decompilating arm...)

We have make working the HDMI in 4K simultaneously with vga and using scaler on vga.
Kodi is working on the HDMI (2D/3D) while we have 3D acceleration on the over screen for our main application with capacitive multitouch on this screen. Thanks to SDL2.

All this with 2 guys working all the day for 8 month....and we have still work to do, i hope we will finish before the end of the year.

PS: we don't have the pretension to call it 1.0 version, we are on the 0.86 Beta4  ;)

Offline sam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 08:37:03 pm »
At the moment he is uploading a 1.1 version of image.

It stucks at 11.1MB ... :o

dl.cubieboard.org/model/cc-a80/Image/ubuntu-linaro/ubuntu-linaro-v1.1/linaro-desktop-cb4-emmc-hdmi-v1.1.img.7z

see attachments. no just 11MB

Offline IgorGlock

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 04:11:20 pm »
Thanks!

The HDMI Audo output doesn't work, any idea for fixing that?
"amixer cset numid=54,iface=MIXER,name='Speaker Function' 0" doesn't help...

Offline sam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 04:12:12 am »
Thanks!

The HDMI Audo output doesn't work, any idea for fixing that?
"amixer cset numid=54,iface=MIXER,name='Speaker Function' 0" doesn't help...

the default audio output is earphone.   You change to hdmi audio output:
vi /etc/asound.conf
pcm.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
    device 0
  }
  ctl.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
  }

change card "0" to card "1"

save and reboot

Offline IgorGlock

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2015, 04:47:02 pm »
Doesn't work...
 :-[

Offline kclim

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 08:40:05 am »
any update on simultaneous VGA and HDMI on cubieboard4?