Author Topic: Recommended Power Supply for CB4?  (Read 2762 times)

Offline MrAkai

• View Profile
Recommended Power Supply for CB4?
« on: April 20, 2015, 04:33:44 pm »
I purchased a system from r0ckme and it did not come with a power adapter.

I don't think it was supposed to, so that's fine.

My issue now is finding a US 120V to 5V4A adapter.  I've looked on Amazon/etc and it seems to be an unusual combo of volts and amps, and the few thay have seem to come with a few different tips.

Can anyone recommend a known-good supply available in the US?

Thanks!

Offline actkk2000

• View Profile
Re: Recommended Power Supply for CB4?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:53:10 pm »

Offline ezequiel

• View Profile
Re: Recommended Power Supply for CB4?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 09:51:28 pm »
I bought one cubie 4 from eleduino and happened the same to me.

It can be powered from a USB 3.0 (5V 0.5A) with the included cable, also with a rechargeable lipo battery 3.7V or with a power adaptor.

It depends on what you are going to do, if you are going to connect several devices, a power source is recommended.The higher the current the better, the important thing is the voltage to be very well regulated.

Even if 2-3A should be enough for the power source, the following product suggests that in the worst case 4A is recommended:

http://www.eleduino.com/DC-5V-4A-adapter-for-cubieboard-4-CC-A80-with-EU-Plug-p10424.html

If you use a battery or the USB connector, some functions or devices won't work.
You use the USB mode to reflash the OS (maybe you want to install a debian instead of an android or customize it). For running the device after that, the power source is recommended.

If you buy a power adapter, be sure about the polarity, inner pin positive, surrounding negative, as the image product shows.

Regards, Ezequiel
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:23:04 am by ezequiel »