Author Topic: No ttyusb port to connect to arduino.  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Aquafluxo

• View Profile
No ttyusb port to connect to arduino.
« on: April 18, 2015, 07:24:29 am »
I install arduino ide on cc-a80 with last image of linaro. I can not connect to arduino, I suppose because there are no usb serial modules installed on the kernel. Is there a easy way to solve this or cc-a80 does not suport Ftdi_sio or other USB serial converter.

Offline cyberluke

• View Profile
Re: No ttyusb port to connect to arduino.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 09:51:14 am »
Hi, I was solving it in this issue: http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php?topic=3530.0

They forgot to add support for it. You have to adjust kernel config and recompile.

Offline cyberluke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 09:52:43 am »
...hit me up if you need more help....I'm playing with Arduino/Xbee...and you :-) ? I'm always interested in those maker projects

Offline SirRibeiro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 06:06:07 am »
So you can recognize Arduino on CubiBoard4? How did you do that?
Thanks

Offline cyberluke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 10:11:49 am »
Err...I said I have solved in the post above...have you read it? Reply #4 is the solution and Reply #3 provides a solution on how to connect to Arduino in Linux.

Offline SirRibeiro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 02:22:21 pm »
Hi,
Yes i've read it, but i can't compile the kernel, I tried it on my PC that has the Ubunutu 14:04 64bit, following the steps on the site, and can create a .img, but when I try to move on to the board never works. Can you please give me only the necessary modules already compiled for cubiboard4?
Thanks

Offline cyberluke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 04:47:30 am »
I don't know exact files, it would be too buggy solution. But I can upload the image for you. You have to upload it through that microSD card

Offline allen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 05:37:30 am »
Hi,
Yes i've read it, but i can't compile the kernel, I tried it on my PC that has the Ubunutu 14:04 64bit, following the steps on the site, and can create a .img, but when I try to move on to the board never works. Can you please give me only the necessary modules already compiled for cubiboard4?
Thanks
http://dl.cubieboard.org/model/cc-a80/Image/ubuntu-linaro/ubuntu-linaro-v1.0/

Offline allen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 05:38:05 am »
I don't know exact files, it would be too buggy solution. But I can upload the image for you. You have to upload it through that microSD card
i find the new image v1.0

Offline cyberluke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 12:35:55 pm »
Cool! I don't have time to recompile v1.0 image with ftdi support right now, so I'm uploading 1.8GB image with ftdi (version 0.4 hdmi). Just for your test purposes. Will create the new image next week ;-)

Offline sam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 09:44:42 am »
I install arduino ide on cc-a80 with last image of linaro. I can not connect to arduino, I suppose because there are no usb serial modules installed on the kernel. Is there a easy way to solve this or cc-a80 does not suport Ftdi_sio or other USB serial converter.

The ubuntu linaro 1.0 support usb acm , you connetc arudio by it, i have tried . it is ok.

http://dl.cubieboard.org/model/cc-a80/Image/ubuntu-linaro/ubuntu-linaro-v1.0/

Offline SirRibeiro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 09:19:21 am »
Yes, it's working perfectly, thank you!

Offline Paw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 07:13:22 am »
I have a USB 1wire adapter, I planned to use OWFS on Linaro to collect temperature. Unfortunately
, Linaro 1.0 does not have usb FTDI driver. The adapter is not visible as ttyUSB. Does anyone have a ftdi_sio module compiled for Linaro 1.0 CB4?

Offline sam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 09:42:57 pm »
I have a USB 1wire adapter, I planned to use OWFS on Linaro to collect temperature. Unfortunately
, Linaro 1.0 does not have usb FTDI driver. The adapter is not visible as ttyUSB. Does anyone have a ftdi_sio module compiled for Linaro 1.0 CB4?

You can  enable kernel_defconfig and build by yourself  ,http://dl.cubieboard.org/model/cc-a80/Doc/ubuntu-linaro/Cubieboard4-Linux-Sdk-Guide.pdf

Offline Paw

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 08:13:43 am »
This was something I tried to avoid. Nevertheless, i will recompile it. Sam, thanks for a link.

Is there possibility to include FTDI support in baseline images? It would save time people like me playing with serial stuff.