October 25, 2020, 05:41:34 pm

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

Cubian X1 is out ;)

Started by cubieplayer, October 07, 2014, 10:31:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

seq_fault

Looks good.
The first Image, that lets watch me Youtube videos in the Browser.
Not 100% smooth but watchable. (More than just a frame per every few seconds like the other Images i've tried.)

But 2 things I've noticed:
1. After Logout from the MATE-Session there is just a black screen for a few minutes till the Login shows up again. Not game-breaking but worth to mention imho

2. cubie@Cubian:~$ ping localhost
PING localhost (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- localhost ping statistics ---
69 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 68028ms

This seems odd. Network is working (I'm writing on the board atm). I hope this won't cause some very strange bugs.

notsoslimshady76

Quote from: notsoslimshady76 on November 02, 2014, 01:04:11 am
Really like the layout, but having major stability issues, especially upon reboot. Tried reinstalling to 2 different SD cards.  There's a possibility they're both corrupt, but for now, moving onto a different distro. May try again after further updates

To update....I had a bad power supply (which finally failed) powering both the cubie and the external drive (drive would spin up, shutdown, spin up, shutdown).  After I replaced this, the corruption issue *seems* to have gone away.  Still finding random corrupted files, but all appear to be old. Before, it would be a toss up if the device would reboot, or just hang.  Much more stable now

Archibald

I'm still running an older version of cubian desktop on my CubieBoard A10 without ny problems, but I would like to upgrade to Cubian X1.

Unfortunately the firewall seems to prevent me from using BitTorrent download and I am not authorized to make any changes. I  am using a CubieBoard with A10, but found only the following link for the CubieBoard 2 (with A20):

Quote from: actkk2000 on January 27, 2015, 11:27:33 am
Try this:
http://pan.baidu.com/wap/shareview?&shareid=1072807491&uk=406552334&dir=%2FCubian&page=1&num=20&fsid=374991408831695&third=4
Click on the right where it says (440.12MB) to download.

Is there a similar alternative normal download source for the SD-card image for Cubian X1 Desktop A10 HDMI and - very important - what is the checksum of the file?