Author Topic: Cubian X1 is out ;)  (Read 29078 times)

Offline seq_fault

• View Profile
Re: Cubian X1 is out ;)
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2015, 04:47:17 pm »
Looks good.
The first Image, that lets watch me Youtube videos in the Browser.
Not 100% smooth but watchable. (More than just a frame per every few seconds like the other Images i've tried.)

But 2 things I've noticed:
1. After Logout from the MATE-Session there is just a black screen for a few minutes till the Login shows up again. Not game-breaking but worth to mention imho

Code: [Select]
cubie@Cubian:~$ ping localhost
PING localhost (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- localhost ping statistics ---
69 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 68028ms
This seems odd. Network is working (I'm writing on the board atm). I hope this won't cause some very strange bugs.

Offline notsoslimshady76

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2015, 09:13:48 pm »
Really like the layout, but having major stability issues, especially upon reboot. Tried reinstalling to 2 different SD cards.  There's a possibility they're both corrupt, but for now, moving onto a different distro. May try again after further updates

To update....I had a bad power supply (which finally failed) powering both the cubie and the external drive (drive would spin up, shutdown, spin up, shutdown).  After I replaced this, the corruption issue *seems* to have gone away.  Still finding random corrupted files, but all appear to be old. Before, it would be a toss up if the device would reboot, or just hang.  Much more stable now

Offline Archibald

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2015, 06:30:03 am »
I'm still running an older version of cubian desktop on my CubieBoard A10 without ny problems, but I would like to upgrade to Cubian X1.

Unfortunately the firewall seems to prevent me from using BitTorrent download and I am not authorized to make any changes. I  am using a CubieBoard with A10, but found only the following link for the CubieBoard 2 (with A20):

Try this:
http://pan.baidu.com/wap/shareview?&shareid=1072807491&uk=406552334&dir=%2FCubian&page=1&num=20&fsid=374991408831695&third=4
Click on the right where it says (440.12MB) to download.

Is there a similar alternative normal download source for the SD-card image for Cubian X1 Desktop A10 HDMI and - very important - what is the checksum of the file?