September 21, 2019, 07:32:40 am

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/


Cubian X1 is out

Started by cubieplayer, October 07, 2014, 10:29:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cubieplayer

Link: http://cubian.org/2014/10/08/cubian-x1-is-out/

I'm pleased to announce a new version of Cubian is out. The version name is X1. It's highly recommended to upgrade to this version. It resolved all the known problems in the previous releases.

The new version supports all cubieboards currently released by cubietech. HDMI and VGA image is separately packed for the sake of convience. Our wiki has a great tutorial on how to use VGA output.

Cubian is dedicated to make Debian running on cubieboard easier, faster, safer. It has three types to suit your needs.

Nano text mode
Nano+headless text mode but without display support, no reserved memory.
Desktop MATE desktop with hardware acceleration, chromium browser with flash support
Please read Get started with Cubian if you are first on using Cubian. The rules still working if you aren't customize anything. Read Install Cubian if you don't know how to install.

Hilights
Cubian X1 has a configuration tool called cubian-config. It is adopted from raspi-config. It will run at first boot, let you choose your password, locales, timezone, keyboard layout and more.


The login screen has changed it's style. The login manager still is SLiM.


Desktop enviroment has changed from LXDE to MATE


One more thing
We use bittorrent to publish the new images to saving money on hosting charges. Kindly please help seeding at least 30 minutes after your download is complete to make others downloading faster. I aslo use my cubieboard as a seeder (with cubian x1 of course XD) at home working all days.

GuL

Hy cubieplayer,
Good news !

Is there a way to upgrade without installing again ? Indeed I am very happy with my current installation and I have lost my installation procedure  :-[
Thanks

cubieplayer

Too bad, it's not supported. to support this feature I needs more free time which i don't have

GuL

Ok, I understand ;)
How long will the former version be supported ?

What if I do a apt-get dist-upgrade with debian jessie enabled ?

By the way, congratulations for the work done !  8)

cubieplayer

Quote from: GuL on October 08, 2014, 09:10:58 am
Ok, I understand ;)
How long will the former version be supported ?

What if I do a apt-get dist-upgrade with debian jessie enabled ?

By the way, congratulations for the work done !  8)

It's not recommended to upgrade to jessie currently, I tried to use systemd as the default init and use it for a few days. I found some software compatibility problem.

GuL


beerstein

Hi there:
Just made a micro sd card and booted the CB1 with cubian x1 desktop. This thing looks very good but here are some problems:
1. IP address increments after each boot (known problem) but I like to see the fix here in this post again.
2. ifconfig shows IP address in terminal OK
3. but this IP can not be pinged not in terminal and not in CLI
4. I found that out when I tried to ssh into localhost.

Chromium and Youtube ran OK. Sound from analog output is good. Video is so so. I like the collection of the pre installed applications

Any help how to fix the problems?

But again - thank you for your outstanding work.

cubieplayer

Quote from: beerstein on October 11, 2014, 02:11:46 pm
Hi there:
Just made a micro sd card and booted the CB1 with cubian x1 desktop. This thing looks very good but here are some problems:
1. IP address increments after each boot (known problem) but I like to see the fix here in this post again.
2. ifconfig shows IP address in terminal OK
3. but this IP can not be pinged not in terminal and not in CLI
4. I found that out when I tried to ssh into localhost.

Chromium and Youtube ran OK. Sound from analog output is good. Video is so so. I like the collection of the pre installed applications

Any help how to fix the problems?

But again - thank you for your outstanding work.

Thanks for reporting the problem,.

put
Quote
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

should fix the problem

For random ip address, you need to change script.bin, put an MAC address there

beerstein

thanx
I tried o put this:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
into /etc/network/interfaces
but the content of interfaces said the network is managed by the gnome-network-manger.
Where should I add these two lines now?
The mac address also should be inserted into that file named: interfaces.
I found /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf -- is that the file I need to edit?



cubieplayer

Quote from: beerstein on October 12, 2014, 11:28:31 am
thanx
I tried o put this:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
into /etc/network/interfaces
but the content of interfaces said the network is managed by the gnome-network-manger.
Where should I add these two lines now?
The mac address also should be inserted into that file named: interfaces.
I found /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf -- is that the file I need to edit?

No, ignore the message "network is managed by the gnome-network-manger"

beerstein

I put the lines  into that file named: interfaces. now I can ping and ssh server connections are OK.
But when started the Chrome browser I was not able to connect to Google. Here is the message from my screen:

Cannot connect to the real www.google.de

Something is currently interfering with your secure connection to www.google.de.

Try to reload this page in a few minutes or after switching to a new network. If you have recently connected to a new Wi-Fi network, finish logging in before reloading.

If you were to visit www.google.de right now, you might share private information with an attacker. To protect your privacy, Chrome will not load the page until it can establish a secure connection to the real www.google.de.

After a while that message disappeared and was able to connect to Google again.
Strange?
Any explanation for this?
Thank you for your help.

danialbehzadi

Does it works well with mali drivers?
I just want to set XBMC on it and I realy want to stick to Debian. Is it possible at all?

aleale97

I will try to install this in my home file and web server, hope everything works well!