Author Topic: Open VPN  (Read 5526 times)

Offline skdauser

• View Profile
Open VPN
« on: May 09, 2013, 04:12:15 am »
Hi All,
Is there a working OpenVPN binary (install) for Ubuntu (or other Linux distro) on Cubieboard. I want use Cubie as Linux OpenVPN server and home NAS (and maybe a file downloader). Which distribution is recommended for that purpose. (Sorry for my english.)

Offline skdauser

• View Profile
Re: Open VPN
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 05:22:32 am »
No one tried install openvpn from ubuntu repository (if there is something like that)??? I found manual how to install openvpn+tun.ko on raspberry board (i think it was raspbian OS with his repositories) so the question is: Is there a possibility to install the same raspbian OS on cubieboard?  Or can someone check if there is openvpn on  linaro/ubuntu for cubie? Thank you.

BigWhoop

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 07:31:22 am »
just try it out. I would start with the raspberry OS.

Offline skdauser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 03:11:52 pm »
The problem is that i dont have my cubieboard yet, but i ordered it from ebay and i wanna know if i will be able to use it as openvpn server  ::)

Offline skdauser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 03:07:56 am »
Just, if anyone cares - openvpn on cubie linaro is up and working  8)

doct

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 12:17:07 pm »
I care. Did it just "work" after getting openvpn configured? I used berryboot to get linaro and I am having trouble using the tunN interface for a VPN.

Offline Blizard_27

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 03:39:09 am »
Good to know about this open vpn. Last month, I searched online for one of best vpn 2017 and came to know about few good vpn service providers. Signed up one among list and they provided good service and happy to get good speed along with unlimited bandwidth.