December 08, 2019, 05:37:18 am

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

How to flash image to SD card with Win32ImageWriter??

Started by phuongcei, August 18, 2014, 05:12:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

phuongcei

Hi there !
I have a Cubietruck.
Now I want to flash an image (aRuntu Titan 0.888) to SD card (Transcend 16G).
I used Win32ImageWriter, everything's done. But when I put SD in SD-slot on CT and power on.
nothing happens.

Do you have an idea for it???
Thank you very much.

Sorry for my English.

rose28357

You can not do anything wrong with Win32ImageWriter.

Check your download by setting the hook befpür "MDS Hash". that will display a long string of characters. Ikeeki does copy this hash value to the file name so you can compare by reading.

Anyhow: Try the new and better aruntu 1.001. It will fit to your 16GByte card...   
http://cubiuntu.com/2014/08/14/aruntu-1-001-released/

phuongcei

August 18, 2014, 05:47:00 am #2 Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:37:00 am by phuongcei
Thanks Rose,
I checked MD5, it's ok.
I used a newer version Win32ImageWriter, Is it problem ??
and what format of sd card should be ??? (FAT, FAT32 ....)

P/S: I connected CT to monitor through VGA port, Is it OK?

rose28357

August 18, 2014, 01:04:31 pm #3 Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:06:57 pm by rose28357
When you write a disk image then you write blocks on lets say 512 KByte in a sequeantial way to the SDCard. When it is ready all preformats (e.g. fat, ext4 ...) are overwritten. The data in then blocks contain the file system. So you dont need to format the sdcard!

Most of the image use hdmi as default. They can not detect if vga is used and switch over to vga. So you will not see the screen output on vga.

Some images are available with preconfigurated vga output. You can change theoutput settings in the uEnv.txt file on the bootpartition.

The new aruntu uses only one partition for boot and rootfs. It is a ext4 filesystem. So you need linux or a ext4 driver for windows to edit that file. For example this free tool ExtFS from paragon.

Dylantje

Dear Rose...
Is there a way to upgrade to the las Aruntu versionusing a inerface like putty.

Something like sudo apt-get upgrade aruntu ... :o :o :o

And do i keep al my install software  then?
I have install for example Domotcz on my CB2, and i will not lose all data...

Hope you can help me...

Thanks for your time

rose28357

No, there is no update option.

Ikeeki just build an image by adding and configuring software. Then he does a copy of his sdcard and loads this image up to the downloadserver. It has not a full blown software release infrastructure like ubuntu.

phuongcei

Quote from: rose28357 on August 18, 2014, 01:04:31 pm
When you write a disk image then you write blocks on lets say 512 KByte in a sequeantial way to the SDCard. When it is ready all preformats (e.g. fat, ext4 ...) are overwritten. The data in then blocks contain the file system. So you dont need to format the sdcard!

Most of the image use hdmi as default. They can not detect if vga is used and switch over to vga. So you will not see the screen output on vga.

Some images are available with preconfigurated vga output. You can change theoutput settings in the uEnv.txt file on the bootpartition.

The new aruntu uses only one partition for boot and rootfs. It is a ext4 filesystem. So you need linux or a ext4 driver for windows to edit that file. For example this free tool ExtFS from paragon.

Thanks Rose very much.
I wrote 1.11 XBMC image from cubiuntu.com to sd-card and connected to monitor through HDMI. It's ok.
Now I'm going to try with aRuntu through HDMI, then modify uEnv.txt file to see on VGA.
I'll tell you after.

GuL

Quote from: Dylantje on August 18, 2014, 05:06:46 pm
Dear Rose...
Is there a way to upgrade to the las Aruntu versionusing a inerface like putty.
I have install for example Domotcz on my CB2, and i will not lose all data...

Quote from: rose28357 on August 18, 2014, 05:22:52 pm
No, there is no update option.

Dear Dylantje, I would say that If it works like this don't chant anything. You still have a recent version.

phuongcei

hi Rose!!!!
I've changed uEnv file. Now everything's ok.
Just one more question, how can I watch youtube normaly in aRUNTU ???
I use Chromium now, and not smoothly !!!

rose28357

August 19, 2014, 05:31:20 am #9 Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:33:58 am by rose28357
somewhere in aruntu ist a special youtube player which ist optimized for hardware decoding.

look for youTubeSMPlayer or similar

phuongcei

Thanks Rose !
I found Smplayer Youtube Browser.
If I watch youtube's vids in smplayer, then I hear it.
But when I use SMPlayer Youtube Browser, I can't hear anything.
Do you know that problem???