Author Topic: A 3.5" TFT (800x480 pixels) with touchscreen control to your Cubieboard1 or CB2  (Read 7511 times)

Offline ybmaker

• View Profile
Hi,
     I'm Jacky ! I worked for Allwinner over the past three years ! Now I am a member of the ybmaker team to develop many useful and interesting open source projects.
     Today, I bring a 3.5" TFT(800 x 480 pixels) with capacitive touchscreen for your cubieboard1 or cubieboard 2 , so we never need a very big monitor again! cubieboard with this screen can run android and ubuntu now!
      If you want to learn more about it ,please click :https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-3-5-inch-tft-with-touchscreen-for-linux-computer/x/8327960

we have used XSTroke for handwriting input !

it can easly play 720p video by mplayer .

Android 4.2 .     

WOW ! I welded this board, but it's not beautiful ! we plan to ask for help from SMT manufactory in Shenzhen ,China.

The TFT and the LCD interface of the cubieboard were  connected !

This project is open source !
      The price is $30, do you think it's reasonably priced ?
      Do you want one ? or you have any suggestions , please reply me , thank you!
      cubie.jackieyang@gmail.com

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:03:11 am by ybmaker »

Offline actkk2000

• View Profile
This is great, thx!  :D

Offline Rosimildo

• View Profile
Hi there,
This is great!
Regarding price, only the market tells you what the right price is. If you are in the ball park with your competitors, you have to show why your product is better, and deliver more value to customers.

Other thing to pay attention is CB1 and CB2 are nearly dead, since CubieTech does not seem to stay with a board layout, and CB3 has a different layout and newly availabel A80, is again different.

It would be hard for someone to buy this product, if it is only available for these ancient boards!

Offline ybmaker

• View Profile
Hi there,
This is great!
Regarding price, only the market tells you what the right price is. If you are in the ball park with your competitors, you have to show why your product is better, and deliver more value to customers.

Other thing to pay attention is CB1 and CB2 are nearly dead, since CubieTech does not seem to stay with a board layout, and CB3 has a different layout and newly availabel A80, is again different.

It would be hard for someone to buy this product, if it is only available for these ancient boards!
       Thank you for your good advise! We love open source hardware,and We have a lofty ideal . If any cubies need our help, we will contribute our strength for free ! Regarding the cb3 and the newly availabel A80, we have a plan to develop two interesting projects,please wait !
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:10:20 pm by ybmaker »

Offline Rosimildo

• View Profile
Great!.
Do you have a link where folks could order today, for CB1 & CB2 ?

Offline ybmaker

• View Profile
Great!.
        Please give your attention to ybmaker.org, we are manufacturing now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:32:30 pm by ybmaker »

Offline i4liql

• View Profile
Great!.

If you want to learn more about it ,please click :https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-3-5-inch-tft-with-touchscreen-for-linux-computer/x/8327960

Offline ahha007

• View Profile
Hi,
     I'm Jacky ! I worked for Allwinner over the past three years ! Now I am a member of the ybmaker team to develop many useful and interesting open source projects.
     Today, I bring a 3.5" TFT(800 x 480 pixels) with capacitive touchscreen for your cubieboard1 or cubieboard 2 , so we never need a very big monitor again! cubieboard with this screen can run android and ubuntu now!

we have used XSTroke for handwriting input !

it can easly play 720p video by mplayer .

Android 4.2 .     

WOW ! I welded this board, but it's not beautiful ! we plan to ask for help from SMT manufactory in Shenzhen ,China.

The TFT and the LCD interface of the cubieboard were  connected !

This project is open source !
      The price is $30, do you think it's reasonably priced ?
      Do you want one ? or you have any suggestions , please reply me , thank you!
      cubie.jackieyang@gmail.com

Small and exquisite, it looks very nice!
Thanks for your team's working.

Offline superpat

• View Profile
Hi,

@ybmaker

Please can you give us an update on the status of your 3.5" TFT display.

Your web site is not working and I have seen no updates to you campaign!

many thanks

P

Offline ybmaker

• View Profile
Hi,

@ybmaker

Please can you give us an update on the status of your 3.5" TFT display.

Your web site is not working and I have seen no updates to you campaign!

many thanks

P

http://ybmaker.org is online now .you can get the source code and documents.

Offline Teal

• View Profile
Hi Jacky and the rest of the ybMaker team,

First of all, congratulations on CubieScreen, mine just arrived a couple of days ago and now that the weekend is upon us I'm trying to get it set up.

I'm using a fresh installation of 64bit Ubuntu 14.04 on an HP-1000 model laptop with 4GB RAM. Latest updates have been applied and the only non-default software I have installed is git (per step 1.1)

I have run into a couple of problems following the instructions on ybmaker.org specifically steps 2.3, 2.5, 2.7.1 and now 3.1

In 2.3 I was unable to decompress cubiescreen.tar.gz via the command line with the following error:
"gzip: stdin: not in gzip format"
I was able to extract the archive using "Archive Manager" however and continued following the instructions.

In step 2.5 I was forced to make an assumption and created "sunxi-boards/sys_config/a20/" within my working directory (I have a CubieBoard2 as "sunxi-boards" did not exist anywhere else.

In step 2.7.1 I was forced to use the gui tools to extract the ubuntu sdk as errors were reported when using tar via the command line.

Now in step 3.1 the instructions say to enter "./configure cubieboard2" and yet bash reports "./configure: No such file or directory"

I've decided to stop where I am as I'm predicting I'll also need to install make, gcc and a few other tools in order to successfully build this image. Can you advise (and update the instructions too) on what I have either done wrong or could do better?

Thank you in advance.

Teal