Author Topic: a10 board availablity  (Read 1866 times)

Offline nevilles

• View Profile
a10 board availablity
« on: May 25, 2014, 01:40:41 am »
hi all,

i did some work with the a10 about 12 months ago and now am looking to use it commercially but am concerned about availability.

is anyone able to tell me whether the a10 board is still in production, whether there are any plans to stop production of the board, and should i be looking at another platform

btw, the hardware is suitable for the type of operation i am undertaking so will be very happy to continue use of the a10, if possible.

tia

neville

Offline ssvb

• View Profile
Re: a10 board availablity
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 05:41:13 am »
hi all,

i did some work with the a10 about 12 months ago and now am looking to use it commercially but am concerned about availability.

is anyone able to tell me whether the a10 board is still in production, whether there are any plans to stop production of the board, and should i be looking at another platform

btw, the hardware is suitable for the type of operation i am undertaking so will be very happy to continue use of the a10, if possible.
I'm not sure that the CubieTech people are even reading this community forum. Maybe it's a better idea to contact them directly via some other channels?

As for the long term availability, this is an interesting question. There was a talk at FOSDEM2014 about the Olimex Allwinner based development boards. You can check the Q&A part in the video starting at 16:45 and also pay attention to what they say at 19:15 (the Allwinner's promise to notify before discontinuing their chips at least 6 month in advance).