Author Topic: Make it great!!  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Tokka

• Developer
    • View Profile
Make it great!!
« on: January 21, 2014, 05:40:52 pm »
New section is ready, and i hope all peoples wich are working at the cubies imges development will partecipate, to make this community biggest as possible  :D
With Ikeeki we are working hard to release a good (or 2  ;D) good ubuntu releases, to have all we need to make and customize our cubie as possible.
At the moment we are working overall to the video section, to play sd (done), hd (done), youtube (done), and full hd (done, but need work another bit).
If you have skills, ideas, or time to make hard test, you'r welcome  :D
The phylosophy will be "less releases, more power"  8)

Hope it will be the same for the others distro, this means less works for all, and a better result, imho
Cheers
CB1 (A10) - Qbee-X_TMC

ikeeki

Re: Make it great!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 01:37:46 am »
I have thought that we could leave the most experienced users (and well known here) to access cubieboards from remote desktop (yes access tou your network, hoooooow scaaaaary...), so they could add (or remove) interesting things. Then other people less skilled "ejem", me for example, could make the annoying -dirty work of
Code: [Select]
dd if of bs count creating and uploading the .img. I do not care if it is called cubiuntu or whatevertubuntu, or open a new topic, I just like the community sense of linux. Even when Patwood works for the A.N.T. and go to play football with  Keith Alexander on mondays (yes, they do not work on mondays. Me neither).
I offer remote access to my cubies, I have the 1, 2 (Wilson.cr's courtesy) and cubietruck (Cubietech's courtesy). I have optical access to internet, so that should not be a problem.

I can set multisession on x11vnc too for others to see genious at work

What's your opinion???.

Offline Jojo

• Developer
  • Cubieboard 2 - A20, aRUNTU v1.666
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 01:58:50 pm »
Hi!

Maybe it would be good to have one (or more?) sticky threads with the actual and most important information about what is going on at the moment =) .
That would give a direct overview.
Something like that:

Current developments:
We are working on
- [distribution name and version] for [board name]
- based on [base distri, version]

Current tasks, that are in progress:
- [task 1], responsible [person]
- [task 2], responsible [person]

Finished tasks:
- [task 1], by [person]
- [task 2], by [person]

Todo:
[xxx]
[yyy]

Just as an example. Improvements and feedback welcome :) !

Also a list with the actual releases and their features and working download links could be helpful.
You know... I think about those, who are just looking for the right distribution that matches their needs. The have to read hundreds of posts, or just ask "What is the right distribution, if I want to...".

What do you think?

Greetings
Don't think that anyone will take more pains for his answer, as you took for your question.

ikeeki

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 05:13:15 pm »
I completely agree, I started a topic on that, but the format of the forum is not the most appropiate, finally I felt ridiculous and deleted it.
I have to admit that the most advanced estruture in that sense is cubian, but in my opinion (no offense please) is not exactly the comunity idea I have.
My idea is to share, distribute, and develope it in a forum. A chinese proverb says that you get faster alone and further accompanied. I'm Spanish, but I cannot agree more.
So, maybe a kind of public wiki, or excel page don't know, will be a beginning.

Rightnow Tokka and I are working in a project, let you see tomorrow. and everybody is invited to take part.

Offline Jojo

• Developer
  • Cubieboard 2 - A20, aRUNTU v1.666
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:50:59 am »
I completely agree, I started a topic on that, but the format of the forum is not the most appropiate, finally I felt ridiculous and deleted it.
I have to admit that the most advanced estruture in that sense is cubian, but in my opinion (no offense please) is not exactly the comunity idea I have.
My idea is to share, distribute, and develope it in a forum. A chinese proverb says that you get faster alone and further accompanied. I'm Spanish, but I cannot agree more.

Rightnow Tokka and I are working in a project, let you see tomorrow. and everybody is invited to take part.

@structure:
I think I know what you mean. The structure of this forum is... well... there are many things that could be improved ;) .
For me, there is to less administration to keep things in order (if it is possible in any way) and to less sticky threads with the most important information. But thats only my point of view.

What do you mean with

There is the sunxi-wiki. Is there a reason to not use that wiki? Excel-sheet... That would be my last choise. It is too "local". I would prefere a more "public thing". My idea was to have the possibility to collect all ideas that people have (in this forum for example) and to give an overview about actual developments. That would be difficult with just an excel sheet  :-\ .

I agree with what the chineese guy said. But due to the fact, that most people do nothing for other without personal profit, this means that only a few people do the work, and others just wait to "harvest" it. And if something doesn't work, the harvesting folks are upset  >:( . I believe that this is a general open source "problem".

But I would not be here, if we wouldn't share the general philosophy :) !
Don't think that anyone will take more pains for his answer, as you took for your question.