Author Topic: Android Bootable SD card - Settings are not kept after reboot  (Read 8185 times)

Offline TazGR30

• View Profile
I made an android bootable sd card using android image v1.06 and PhoenixCard. When i reboot, any apps i installed or any configuration made are lost. Is there any solution for this?

Offline TazGR30

• View Profile
Re: Android Bootable SD card - Settings are not kept after reboot
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 05:00:47 pm »
Anyone?

Offline Gasz2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 06:03:15 am »
Me too. I use PhoenixCard with image v1.06 and v1.05 with the same result. Use a 16GB SDCard, only 2GB for application and 0Mb SDcard under android.

The card has 3 partitions, sdX1,sdX2 and sdX7 (boot, system and empty vfat with the whole space not used)

After booting first time, sdcard has now 13 partitions. System (partition 7) has 512MB,and partition 1 (with vfat filesystem) has 13GB. Mounting partition 7 and reading etc/vold.fstab, show an entry that reference to nandk to mount /dev/sdcard. I modify this entry and put

dev_mount       sdcard  /mnt/sdcard     auto    /devices/virtual/block/mmcblk0p1 /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host  /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host

Tomorrow afternoon I test this modify, I can't doit today. I could not figure where app are installed. ¿Where is the internal storage mounted and how can we resize this partition to gain more space for applications?

Using NAND an installing few application you quickly goes out of space. This SDCard partitions size will be the same.

Looking for a solution also.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:51:11 am by Gasz2 »

Offline zyhchina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 08:37:13 pm »
Me too. I use PhoenixCard with image v1.06 and v1.05 with the same result. Use a 16GB SDCard, only 2GB for application and 0Mb SDcard under android.

The card has 3 partitions, sdX1,sdX2 and sdX7 (boot, system and empty vfat with the whole space not used)

After booting first time, sdcard has now 13 partitions. System (partition 7) has 512MB,and partition 1 (with vfat filesystem) has 13GB. Mounting partition 7 and reading etc/vold.fstab, show an entry that reference to nandk to mount /dev/sdcard. I modify this entry and put

dev_mount       sdcard  /mnt/sdcard     auto    /devices/virtual/block/mmcblk0p1 /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host  /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host

Tomorrow afternoon I test this modify, I can't doit today. I could not figure where app are installed. ¿Where is the internal storage mounted and how can we resize this partition to gain more space for applications?

Using NAND an installing few application you quickly goes out of space. This SDCard partitions size will be the same.

Looking for a solution also.

Well i also have this problem. I tried to install apps and they disappears when you boot the next time. /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 is mounted to /data and all the modifications applied to /data were written to the device and i can even see my installed apps using a computer. But when  I boot cubieboard using the microsd card the modifications that i have made will disappear. It seems that android resets the partition when it is booting.

Offline Vovchik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 03:40:57 pm »
I have the same Problem is, I can not alter the firmware to it, which is loaded with SD card and did not disappear settings can someone has already solved this problem?

Offline Vovchik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 10:27:43 am »
Hi, kowtow Parker of the support, do the following:
For those who collect from source:

# cp lichee/tools/pack/chips/sun7i/bin/boot0_sdcard_sun7i.bin  lichee/tools/pack/chips/sun7i/bin/boot0_nand_sun7i.bin

In addition, you must modify the sys_config.fex and make the [system]
Invalid like this:

;[system]
;recovery_key             = port:PH16<0><default>

For those who have collected the firmware:

1 Download the imgRePatsker
2 Copy the firmware (xxx.img) in the program folder
3 runner.bat run, write the name of the firmware and press the enter and press enter again
4 Go to the folder xxx.img.dump
5 boot0.sdcard.fex copy, then go in the folder _iso, paste the copied file and rename it to boot0.nand.fex.iso
6 Go to the first folder folder and run runner.bat again
7 Remove copy the firmware
8 Writing xxx.img.dump and press enter and enter again
9 In the folder there is a new firmware
10. Download the DragonFace
11 Open it with our new firmware, go to the Advanced Settings tab and click the button System configuration
looking for a line
[system]
recovery_key = port: PH16 <0> <default>

and change to

; [system]
; recovery_key = port: PH16 <0> <default>

12. click save
Write the firmware using PhoenixCard
Everything should work

Offline logicerror

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 05:48:33 pm »
Did anyone solve the problem? Did the repacking the img solution work?

Offline logicerror

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:47:12 am »
Solved in my case. I have the Cubieboard 2 Dual-Card with no built-in NAND memory. There's a specific Android img for this one. It did not show up on the initial download page so I did not know it existed until I emailed support.

Offline C0PT3R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 02:41:33 pm »
Solved in my case. I have the Cubieboard 2 Dual-Card with no built-in NAND memory. There's a specific Android img for this one. It did not show up on the initial download page so I did not know it existed until I emailed support.

Hi! I've been searching for exactly that (android image for cb2 dual sd) but havent found anything yet... Could you please post a download link?

EDIT: Think I found it: http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/cb2-2cards/android/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:05:38 pm by C0PT3R »

Offline natsume23

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 05:55:32 am »
I had the same problem with bootable SD card on Cubieboard2.

The problem is solved with the solution by Vovchik, by commenting the [system] part.
Thank you Vovchik.

By the way, I compiled the system from code source v1.09.
The image generated is at the same time NAND and SD Card so there's no need to comment the copy of binaries.