Author Topic: Cubieboard2 and cubieez  (Read 1684 times)

aban569

Cubieboard2 and cubieez
« on: March 18, 2014, 12:14:55 pm »
Hi my names Dan and i've joined up mainly because i've brought a cubieboard2 but don't really have any programming ability, and understanding stuff seems a bit of a night mare.

I currently have cubieez installing and working after a couple of evenings messing around and looking on forums and googling. But now i hit a wall. I would like a 3rd party software like rhythmbox etc for music, and i would like to get a touch screen monitor working with it aswell, but this is where i need help.

If anyone can give me pointers, on wether i am using the right OS for my needs or if there is a better one that people would recommend i would be greatful. (I would like to install it on the NAND if at all possible)

many thanks
Dan

karkov

Re: Cubieboard2 and cubieez
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 12:54:07 pm »
Everyone has the same problems, youtube, a decent music and video player, smooth browsing and HD capabilities.

however, as far as i can see the community is weak and even basic needs are ignored.

Sorry. Same boat here. Currently my plans to cubieboard is just a torrent client forever. at least works great in this job. :-[

JerkkQ

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:41:03 pm »
I know Linux basics and i can install web server, samba, mysql, change os, but didnt know anything about programming.

aban569

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 02:46:46 pm »
Thanks for the replies.
Just some help with touchscreen would be great really other things can wait