Author Topic: A real nooby question  (Read 2763 times)

ocpaul20

A real nooby question
« on: March 20, 2013, 12:23:47 am »
I know this is maybe a silly question.... but I cannot find the answer to this question anywhere obvious. If the answer is 'yes' then this should be a major selling point and one which should be obvious to vistors. Perhaps it is but I have missed it.

Can the arduino shileds fit onto or be used by the cubieboard?

There are so many shields available that it would make sense to allow these to be used.
If so, are there any caveats or things to be aware of?

What about rasberry pi boards and accessory things too?

nexzen

Re: A real nooby question
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 04:09:21 am »
The Arduino shields won't fit on the Cubieboard as there are different pins available on the headers and the headers are different. I suppose one could try to repurpose an Arduino shield, but the apparent like of GPIO pins on Cubieboard might make it difficult for some applications.

See here http://linux-sunxi.org/Cubieboard for a listing of them.

I'm not sure about the Raspberry pi accessory boards

ocpaul20

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:08:24 am »
So isn't that an obvious hole in the market then which can be filled by someone making a board which provides whatever pins the CB has in common with the Arduino.

OK, so it may be a cobble-together, but at least the same Arduino shields may be able to be used on the CB. I mean both probably have power and the required signals in and out which means that it is only a matter of doing some twister-like contortions to get the interface board pins to allign up so the headers fit.

Maybe I do not really understand what I am talking about and it is more difficult than I think. :-)

Offline mt12345

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 08:29:31 pm »