Author Topic: Simon please collaborate.  (Read 9311 times)

ikeeki

Simon please collaborate.
« on: February 27, 2014, 02:32:56 am »
I have lost the topics and modifications of cubiuntu and qbee-x images, I really need that info please send Lawrence the database  :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:35:02 am by ikeeki »

Offline lawrence

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Simon please collaborate.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 05:14:33 am »
Having a copy of the database wouldn't help.

I'd need to setup a separate instance of the forum, and manually copy threads over.  Thats not going to happen.
You may as well start a new thread.

ikeeki

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 05:25:49 am »
Ok, thanks Lawrence. You can delete this topic if you want

Offline rose28357

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 06:08:03 am »
Then about 10 Days of peoples wisdom is lost !  :(

Simon should reopen his domain as read only.
So the thread owners can make their copies and may create their topics on this forum again.

ikeeki

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 06:29:12 am »

So the thread owners can make their copies and may create their topics on this forum again.

That would be the logical step. But Im starting to see the big picture here. It,s been an honour Ditmar.

Offline vierax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 07:21:54 am »

That would be the logical step. But Im starting to see the big picture here. It,s been an honour Ditmar.
Try to email Simon, he might be help you.

BTW he can't read you since his IP is banned.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:24:01 am by vierax »

Offline lawrence

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 10:42:41 am »
His user account "admin" is banned.
He's free to setup another user account.

Offline GeorgeIoak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 03:53:39 pm »
If Simon and Lawrence want to drop out of hosting and administering the forum I can offer my site. I'm hoping this site will continue on but if all else fails I'm offering a backup plan for everyone.

simonw

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 03:55:58 pm »
His user account "admin" is banned.
He's free to setup another user account.

That's good to know. Of course, I still want to be a part of the community.

Offline lawrence

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 04:12:22 pm »
If Simon and Lawrence want to drop out of hosting and administering the forum I can offer my site. I'm hoping this site will continue on but if all else fails I'm offering a backup plan for everyone.

Who said anything about stopping the site?

I logged on and the site was destroyed, and the templates changed and pointing to elsewhere, and the database was empty.  I rolled back to the last good backup (23rd of Feb), and reinstalled a clean copy of SMF + redid the template as best I could.

I then got abuse from all and sundry as I'm the bad guy now?

f*ck that.

I spent plenty and time and effort on building a community here, and will still keep it for as long as I can.  Despite the lack of gratitude, and the damage caused by Simon.

I'm not one for censorship either.  The only thing I delete is spam / and /or obvious spammer accounts.

I've given moderator privileges to a few people on the site, and I do have logs of what goes on with moderators.
There will be no other admin level people aside from myself from now on, as trust takes time to be granted, and destroying what I built is a huge betrayal of that.

Lawrence.

Offline GeorgeIoak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 04:26:56 pm »
Sorry Lawrence, I meant no disrespect at all. I know first hand what it takes to maintain a site and reply to people. I only made that comment in the off chance that if people wanted to walk away from it I was willing to help out.

Offline ssvb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 04:45:46 pm »
I'm not one for censorship either.  The only thing I delete is spam / and /or obvious spammer accounts.
Now that you mention it, I can't find some of my very old posts in this forum. There I asked about the advertisements and whether it would be possible to get rid of them or make them somewhat less invasive (demonstrating ads only to unregistered users or something like this). While the ads are already not so invasive as they used to be and the old thread mostly lost its relevance, I still wonder when and how these old messages got purged.

Perhaps the best solution might be to ask CubieTech to sponsor the hosting and the domain name for the community forum? Having private owners of the community resource just does not look healthy in the long run.

Offline lawrence

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 05:03:55 pm »
Looks like the thread was deleted by Simon (from a cursory look at the moderation logs).

karkov

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 05:05:48 pm »

Perhaps the best solution might be to ask CubieTech to sponsor the hosting and the domain name for the community forum?
In my opinion, as I said in another thread, this is what should be done.

ikeeki

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 05:27:51 pm »

Who said anything about stopping the site?

I've given moderator privileges to a few people on the site, and I do have logs of what goes on with moderators.
There will be no other admin level people aside from myself from now on, as trust takes time to be granted, and destroying what I built is a huge betrayal of that.

Lawrence.

First; I do not think much people in the forum would like to do that job from now on.
Second: I have not seen any auto-criticism by your side. I mean: Sincerely, Lawrence, do you think you have full-filled your tasks as admin? I'm not telling you are the guilty, I'm only telling that maybe some simple directives could have saved us lots of bad moments, including in "us" yourself.

It is not a question of trusting. It is a question of management. You made a great technical effort. But IMHO that's not going never to be enough. For example: I had a 
20k Qbee-X visits post an alive projects. Proyect for wich Tokka and I "disturbed" people like ssvb, Patwood (very much), Ditmar, Jojo, wickwire... Do you think that having a family and sleeping 5 hours a day for trying to create something is not an effort neither?  I have asked a solution for that. But your anwers sound always very aggressive. It is like you are a surgeon, you stop operating on a patient to remove the tumor for answering or do something in the web and then you restart operating.

I can stand all this things and bad treatment 'cause as Simon said "I LOVE MY USERS" but you don't give a s***t for feelings nor "developers" as I. It is typical on very inteligent people, as I think you are, but there are aspects here greatly improvable.

Regards Isaac.