Author Topic: Qt5 build for cubieboard  (Read 169393 times)

Offline dwlinux

• View Profile
Re: Qt5 build for cubieboard
« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2015, 03:39:52 am »
hi, wickwire.
I'm use linux+busybox+qt on A20, how can i add gpu accelerate and HW decode.
Thanks!

Offline Searaphim

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 10, 2015, 10:23:48 am »
I can confirm that the integrated wifi in the cubietruck doesn't work on your current image. Did you use sunxi-3.4? Take a look at this https://linux-sunxi.org/Cubietruck/AP6210 That means the kernel needs to be recompiled with the proper patches.

If I simply apply the patches on the /opt/kernel.sources/linux-sunxi directory in the box and then follow the HOWTO instructions in /opt/kernel.sources/ to build the kernel it should be fine right?

Thing is the instructions only mention "patch -p1 < 0003-Sunxi-adaptation-for-mali-r3p2-01rel2-kernel-module.patch" and there's also a "0001-Framebuffer-Sunxi-Mali-Vsync.patch" in the directory. Do I apply that patch too? I just wanna be sure that the patched kernel I build will still work in this cross-compilation environment.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out how to build QtWebKit+QtWebKitWidgets. As you can see they're missing in /opt/qt5.cubie2/ct-rootfs-fb/usr/local/qt521ctfb/include

EDIT: So far I fail at patching the kernel. Since I've never worked with kernels before after I built it I didn't really know how to install it properly on the cubietruck. All I did is tranfer and replace the uImage and the 3.4.79-02247-g1f255d6-dirty directory located in /boot with the new ones I made but after a reboot the machine wouldn't start anymore. It boots but VGA/HDMI outputs no longer work and the ethernet also seems to be broken since I can't communicate with it with SSH anymore. These things work if I boot the machine on my linaro OS on the nand though but no matter how many times I format the SD card and put back a working cubian image these things still don't work anymore using the SD card.

EDIT2:
Managed to recover from this, bought a new SD card heh. HDMI still won't work though and I still need to put on the cubietruck a patched kernel that supports cubietruck's integrated wifi...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 05:56:11 pm by Searaphim »

Offline titan83

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2015, 03:13:40 am »
First, wickwire, great thank for your work! It was very useful.
I have a small question to you: I need to configure other Ubuntu instance to crosscompile for cubie.
I want to copy armhf compiler and Qt instance from your vm to my, but I have 32-bit Ubuntu, so I failed.
Ok, I have a work crosscompiler and I can to build my own Qt. I ran fixQualifedLibraryPAths, and after it I ran ./configure, where I use -no-eglfs option, because building failed without it.
I builded Qt successful, but I have a problem - my email library don't building in this Qt instance. However this library build success on desktop kit. In your vm it fails to build too.
Can you post your ./configure options for X11 Qt 5.2.1 version?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:43:19 am by titan83 »

Offline titan83

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2015, 01:16:05 pm »
I answer for my question: for building Qt with SSL support we should:
1. Install libssl-dev on host.
2. Copy includes from $host$/usr/include/openssl to $rootfs$/usr/include/openssl.
3. Copy includes from $host$/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/openssl to $rootfs$ /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/openssl.
4. use key -openssl in ./configure command.
5. Copy new libQtNetwork with SSL support from $rootfs$/usr/local/qt_bla_bla/lib to cubie /usr/local/qt_bla_bla/lib.

This is result of one day hard work.
Hope it will useful for somebody.

Good bye.

Offline Searaphim

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2015, 05:15:34 pm »
After I patched the kernel for Wifi and built it following the HOWTO and the patching process from linux-sunxi I end up with the modules folder and the uImage but I have no clue what to do with them to boot the patched kernel on the SD Card.

Offline hossein4737

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 24, 2015, 04:08:13 am »
hi wickwire
i  downloaded your virtualbox image and successfully started its linux but i dont know where to start my work, i found your scripts(./bakeqt_cb2.bash) but i got the following errors on it:
Code: [Select]
db2.cpp:42:20: fatal error: sqlcli.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [db2.o] Error 1
DB2 disabled.
InterBase auto-detection... ()
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fPIE  -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-cubieboard2-g++ -I. -o ibase.o ibase.cpp
ibase.cpp:42:19: fatal error: ibase.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [ibase.o] Error 1
InterBase disabled.
MySQL (thread-safe) auto-detection... ()
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fPIE  -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-cubieboard2-g++ -I. -o mysql.o ../mysql/mysql.cpp
../mysql/mysql.cpp:42:19: fatal error: mysql.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [mysql.o] Error 1
MySQL (thread-safe) disabled.
MySQL (thread-unsafe) auto-detection... ()
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fPIE  -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-cubieboard2-g++ -I. -o mysql.o mysql.cpp
mysql.cpp:42:19: fatal error: mysql.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [mysql.o] Error 1
MySQL (thread-unsafe) disabled.
OCI auto-detection... ()
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fPIE  -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-cubieboard2-g++ -I. -o oci.o oci.cpp
oci.cpp:42:17: fatal error: oci.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [oci.o] Error 1
OCI disabled.
ODBC auto-detection... ()
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fPIE  -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-cubieboard2-g++ -I. -o odbc.o odbc.cpp
odbc.cpp:45:17: fatal error: sql.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [odbc.o] Error 1
ODBC disabled.
iODBC auto-detection... ()
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fPIE  -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-cubieboard2-g++ -I. -o iodbc.o iodbc.cpp
iodbc.cpp:42:17: fatal error: sql.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [iodbc.o] Error 1
iODBC disabled.
PostgreSQL auto-detection... ()
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fPIE  -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-cubieboard2-g++ -I. -o psql.o psql.cpp
psql.cpp:42:22: fatal error: libpq-fe.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [psql.o] Error 1
PostgreSQL disabled.
SQLite2 auto-detection... ()
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fPIE  -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-cubieboard2-g++ -I. -o sqlite2.o sqlite2.cpp
sqlite2.cpp:42:20: fatal error: sqlite.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [sqlite2.o] Error 1
SQLite2 disabled.
TDS auto-detection... ()
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fPIE  -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-cubieboard2-g++ -I. -o tds.o tds.cpp
tds.cpp:42:22: fatal error: sybfront.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [tds.o] Error 1
TDS disabled.
NIS auto-detection... ()
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fPIE  -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-cubieboard2-g++ -I. -o nis.o nis.cpp
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -Wl,-O1 -o nis nis.o   -lrt -lpthread -ldl --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -lnsl
NIS enabled.
Cups auto-detection... ()
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/media/home/cubieboard2_test/qt5/binary -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fPIE  -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-cubieboard2-g++ -I. -o cups.o cups.cpp
cups.cpp:42:23: fatal error: cups/cups.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [cups.o] Error 1
may i ask you to provide for us a tutorial that how to build our qt on your virtualbox? it seems your prepared image is a bit large!

many thanks
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:17:23 am by hossein4737 »

Offline LiRuiming

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 18, 2015, 01:33:32 am »
hi~Thanks for your shared.
I am making a system on cubieboard,and Qt4.6.2 I have compiled success with fb and no x11 and directfb.But when I use the V4L2 and Qt to show a video capture,the CPU is to high(more than 80%,lots of spend in YUV420P to RGB).
I see you have mentioned the gstreamer and libsunxi-mali,is that possible to use Qt and gstreamer to create a player?how about the CPU's used....?
Well,the last is libsunxi-mali,is that a framebuffer Graphics acceleration?or a gstreamer's plugin?

CPU's type:A10
Thanks~

Offline sagueso

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 17, 2015, 05:10:21 pm »
Hello, I have QT5 compiled in my desktop and configured to compile  with arm-gnueabihf for generate executables by Cubieboard A20. If someone need help with this them communicate with me. The IDE configurate is QT Creator.

Offline Dariush

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 23, 2015, 06:39:39 pm »
Hi.
I've installed the sunxi-mali as the mentioned instruction.
The problem is when i run the test program, the following error happens:
Error: eglInitialise failed!
I used the x11 not the framebuffer.
The display output is LCD.
Any Suggestion?