Author Topic: logitech k400 drivers for android please?  (Read 16215 times)

Offline totalguy

• View Profile
logitech k400 drivers for android please?
« on: January 11, 2014, 04:39:08 pm »
i find most linux OS's work with my logitech k400 wireless keyboard and touchpad without having to do anything other than plug in the dongle and flip the on switch on the keyboard.

i would like to use it on android os, are there available drivers for it for android?

Saegematz

Re: logitech k400 drivers for android please?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 08:02:32 am »
Video for Android with logitech k400
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6wJjEBeL0M

Offline totalguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 08:38:01 am »
thats good that it can work with android iwonder if i get android 4.X for the cb2 it would work? i know it doesnt work with the android thats shipped with the cb2.

Offline totalguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 10:44:43 am »
well i just put on this image cb_a20_android42_v1.05-8188eu-en_US.img and it still doesnt work any idea's ?

Saegematz

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 04:28:32 pm »
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/113427696844528133941/s/k400
Maybe we have  luck and it worked on the next relase.

Offline totalguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:30:50 am »
i joined and expressed my interest. i dont understand why it works on that phone in the video but does not work when i try it with my cb2 :(

at the moment i run my cb2 with android as a media player but its annoying that i have to get out of bed to change anything thats why i bought the k400 so i dont have to. and it works with most linux versions on the cb2 which is good because i want to use my other cb2 with linux to mine bitcoin.

Offline adolfainsley8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 07:42:56 am »
at the moment i run my cb2 with android as a media player but its annoying that i have to get out of bed to change anything thats why i bought the k400 so i dont have to. and it works with most linux versions on the cb2 which is good because i want to use my other cb2 with linux to mine bitcoin.

Offline BaronW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 11:59:32 am »
I have the K410, which is very similar to the K400. It works fine with the CubieTruck Plus in Android, except the Windows key misbehaves, and fires keypresses on it's own sometimes. I'm not sure if that's a hardware problem with the keyboard I have or not. The Windows key misbehaving might be an issue with Android specifically. I used the keyboard with Windows and I never saw this happen. Although I suspect it's a bug in the Keyboard, and Windows simply reacts better to the bug than Android does. In Android, I was able to detect the Windows key giving key releases without corresponding key presses periodically on it's own. This is something that Android doesn't like. I think in Windows, this is fine, but in Android this causes problems.

To solve the Windows key misfire in Android on my CubieTruck Plus, I disabled the Windows key by using my own key layout file based on the default /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl

I had to comment out these entries for the misbehaving Windows key by putting # in front of them as shown. The META key is the Windows key. The K410 only has 1, no right or left, so I disabled both the right and left.

Code: [Select]
# key 125   META_LEFT
# key 126   META_RIGHT

Then I saved the file with the appropriate USB VID/PID file naming convention. For example the file name for the K410 should be /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046D_Product_C52B.kl

Now it works perfectly. No problems at all. I have no need for the Windows key and no other keys misbehave in Android. The track pad works great too. The left and right mouse buttons on the keyboard are not the best, but that has nothing to do with Android, it's purely a hardware issue with the keyboard's mouse buttons not always registering a click unless you press them hard. All the keyboard keys work great. I'm very happy with the keyboard keys.

Offline hnoor0077

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 04:33:07 am »
i would like to use it on android os, are there available drivers for it for android?????

Offline jamaroney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 06:59:01 am »
How do you map keys that don't work? I have the Logitech K440r, and when I run a Key Test, several unique keys don't do anything: left-hand mouse key in upper left of keyboard, and the "PC Lock" key. Also, I can't determine the mapping of several unique keys (media, Home, and PC sleep), because when I press them while running a key test, they go to their function instead of displaying their mapping.