Author Topic: Android image build trouble with "dragon" tool  (Read 12629 times)

Offline asub

• View Profile
Re: Android image build trouble with "dragon" tool
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 03:19:43 pm »
Thanks sv12k. worked.  :D

Offline asub

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 10:02:22 am »
hello
I have a problem. I'm using an ethernet connection. WiFi only wants some applications. How can I solve this problem? :o

Do you have a USB webcam support?
If there are models which support?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 08:56:44 am by asub »

Offline rumca.js

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 08:17:45 am »
Hi sv12k, I must admit it was a great job.

Before I write the android image and destroy my precious system, could you say if the android image has TP-Link wifi drivers enabled? I think it uses rtl8188 driver.

I would be very happy to switch to android (for video with OSD!!! and gaming), but without wifi driver I would like to save myself the time.

If not, then could you create a complete guide for beginners how one should create android image?

Offline sv12k

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 02:50:04 am »
Hi rumca.js!

First of all building your own image is documented here: http://docs.cubieboard.org/tutorials/cb2/development/building_your_own_android_image

Not very difficult really, just make sure you have recent linux distro at build host, I had some troubles with RHEL 6 for example.

First you build kernel with ./build.sh -p sun7i_android, if you need to enable additional kernel drivers you have to figure out how this command works and alter proper kernel configuration file before building it. I will not provide detailed information here since I built my image quite a long time ago and forget alot about the process. Normally you'll need several iterations to make it right, study build script and everything will be ok.

Next part is building android itself, I used a 24-way blade server and flash storage to build with make -j24, this can make it in a few minutes, on a 2-3 year old conventional pc it may take a whole day to complete.

Btw, what driver your TP-link wifi adapter uses under linux? You can check if android image has the same using zcat /proc/config.gz command under any shell application.