Author Topic: New A10-OLinuXino-LIME image have full HD hardware acceleration  (Read 5286 times)

ygor.almeida

New A10-OLinuXino-LIME image have full HD hardware acceleration
« on: January 07, 2014, 01:59:49 pm »
... Guys are angry with me. But, let me follow the good rulez here.

I was looking for a solution for my Mele A2000 hardware ( A10+Mali ) ... that i really would like to have with working for XBMC and maybe NetFlix - since neither Android or Linux works great with it ... like the original image.

Already tried some cubie links from here, and wow - that's good. But it's not what i really want. At last for now my Mele is doing other things waiting for XBMC.

Today i've come across this post

New A10-OLinuXino-LIME image have full HD hardware acceleration
http://olimex.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/new-a10-olinuxino-lime-image-have-full-hd-hardware-acceleration/

As i post the full post here.

Code: [Select]
First LIME image was done in hurry and there is no hardware acceleration enabled, which dissapointed some of the first LIME owners if you read the comments :)

As many know recently Linux-Sunxi community successfully reverse engineered CedarX VPU and completely open source drivers for hardware accelerated video playback for A10 was done. The supported formats are just few for now but still something than nothing.

Dimitar made new image with hardware acceleration and here is video in Full HD format H.264 (MP4) playing on LIME:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fck_EDFcV1E

So since hardware is almost the same, i think the code for CedarX, VPU, GPU and other things can me modded or forked to work on all other A10 devices.

I'm not afiliated with this guy, but i wish someone can work on this.

Thanks

Offline patwood

• Linux geek
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New A10-OLinuXino-LIME image have full HD hardware acceleration
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 04:35:50 pm »
There's nothing new here compared to the cubieboard distros.  There's a built of mplayer that uses the libvdpau stuff, and yes, the video formats currently supported are minimal.  If you don't mind using closed source binary libraries, there are distros with both vlc and xbmc for the CB1 and CB2 (and I think also some for the CT).  The ones for the A10 have been available for many months now, and the ones for the A20 since around September.  They pretty much play all the video formats supported by Android, including full 1080p H.264 videos.  But full screen only without X support, and not youtube, and certainly not netflix.