November 13, 2019, 10:33:20 pm

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

Future hardware requests

Started by Technologov, December 09, 2013, 08:01:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Technologov

December 09, 2013, 08:01:55 am Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:58:56 am by Technologov
CubieTruck is great !

I would like to request a bit more Hardware:
1. Have 5 USB ports instead of current 3. (4 USB host + 1 mini-USB OTG)
2. Power cable should be longer, preferably at 1.8 meters. Currently at 1 meter length is not enough for some of my rooms, and bringing extender takes too much space.
3. Audio: microphone input, like VIA APC does.
4. Optional Cardboard paper case, like "VIA APC Paper" or some kind of plastic case.

Software:
1. Have an option to order with Linux OS image preinstalled.
2. Linux image should be better quality: ability to work with HDMI and VGA and multiple resolutions, and drivers pre-installed (CedarX and X11 acceleration and 3D GFX Mali)

lampra

Please consider adding an LTE modem on a future version

kingneutron

--They are trying to keep the board fairly simple and inexpensive to build; if you need more than 2-3 USB ports, you might try using an external USB hub.

--I totally agree with you on the power cable, HDMI/VGA stuff tho. And instead of a b0rky Android image, it would be nice to have a preinstalled Linux to start with.

buz

Quote from: lampra on December 11, 2013, 01:30:28 pm
Please consider adding an LTE modem on a future version

Not going to happen, demand for that would be way too low... But you can always add one by USB.

lampra

Hi buz, thank you for your answer. Are you with cubieboard team?
Yes i know that one could use a usb modem.
I don't know the magnitude of the demand for a board with an LTE modem on-board but if cubieboard team considers such a version viable, there could exist such a version as an option.

salutuj

Will you add USB 3.0 support in next release?

retro

Please tell me, that there will be A80 cubietruck very soon.

Saegematz

patwood

Quote from: Saegematz on January 03, 2014, 03:07:20 pm
Booting from USB Device.

That's not a new feature, since both the A10 and A20 support booting from the USB OTG port in HW.  The problem is that the SW for this is still evolving.  For example, see this: http://linux-sunxi.org/FEL/USBBoot