December 12, 2019, 11:11:51 am

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/


Buster and Bionic - updated 21.11.2019

Started by slovenia, December 24, 2013, 03:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slovenia

Quote from: dek on December 29, 2013, 05:35:57 am
I thought it would be a good idea to start a github where we can contribute on it all together :

https://github.com/deksan/Cubietruck-Debian

If you want to remain owner of the github just fork that one and I will contribute on yours ;)


Very good idea  8) I don't mind about ownership and happy switching to Github with the project. I just need to learn about Github a little more ;)

Currently I am working to solve problems regarding wireless access point mode which I found interesting to include into by default. CT as additional AP would be helpful in many cases.
Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com

dek

For github I would recommend http://www.sourcetreeapp.com/ which is free and very easy to use !!

ba

Hello,

is it possible to install the image to nand?

Is there no problem with a the memory leak of irqbalance as lubuntu images?


peter_a

I think the "apt-get install" must install list is a little short ?.

I`m missing some tools which it didn`t test for or try to install , like unzip , zip , qemu.



dek

Quote from: peter_a on December 29, 2013, 03:56:20 pm
I think the "apt-get install" must install list is a little short ?.

I`m missing some tools which it didn`t test for or try to install , like unzip , zip , qemu.


Did you try with the script on the github ?

peter_a

December 30, 2013, 08:25:26 am #20 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:31:23 am by peter_a
Yes I used the script and it failed big time, the first time around failing to do everything other than installing the git`s.
But after doing a big install of what I could find was missing it is now getting a little closer.
Still having problems with some command like , partprobe , so getting most of the way there , but having problem with "can`t find command" on the last bit of making the sdcard , I will have to try again and see which line(s) failed .

dek

Quote from: peter_a on December 30, 2013, 08:25:26 am
Yes I used the script and it failed big time, the first time around failing to do everything other than installing the git`s.
But after doing a big install of what I could find was missing it is now getting a little closer.
Still having problems with some command like , partprobe , so getting most of the way there , but having problem with "can`t find command" on the last bit of making the sdcard , I will have to try again and see which line failed .


I ll check all the command and add the appropriate apt's package.

peter_a

December 30, 2013, 09:44:41 am #22 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:23:53 am by peter_a
Before trying I had already played at making the kernel so already had installed .

apt-get install build-essential git u-boot-tools uboot-mkimage gcc-4.7-arm-linux-gnueabihf debootstrap ncurses-dev emdebian-archive-keyring

but running the first time had problems with zip , unzip and qemu etc.

Waiting for it to finish again to see where it`s having problems.

cp: cannot stat `/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static': No such file or directory
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
--2013-12-30 15:19:51--  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jytplpmc80nvc3q/cubian-firstrun
Resolving www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)... 108.160.165.20
Connecting to www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)|108.160.165.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 FOUND
Location: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jytplpmc80nvc3q/cubian-firstrun?token_hash=AAEVBw_U9QmzVuFaNiyJ5kiYB5xzSM12zaQ9WwLemSHKGg [following]
--2013-12-30 15:19:52--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jytplpmc80nvc3q/cubian-firstrun?token_hash=AAEVBw_U9QmzVuFaNiyJ5kiYB5xzSM12zaQ9WwLemSHKGg
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 107.21.221.217
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|107.21.221.217|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 2012 (2.0K) [text/plain]
Saving to: `cubian-firstrun'

100%[======================================>] 2,012       --.-K/s   in 0s

2013-12-30 15:19:53 (61.8 MB/s) - `cubian-firstrun' saved [2012/2012]

--2013-12-30 15:19:53--  https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwlsua9xran60ji/cubian-resize2fs
Resolving www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)... 108.160.165.20
Connecting to www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)|108.160.165.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 FOUND
Location: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pwlsua9xran60ji/cubian-resize2fs?token_hash=AAFqH336_o1YBXMe98o1dC3JNEMHbYiMdFjmV8A3zxulwQ [following]
--2013-12-30 15:19:55--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pwlsua9xran60ji/cubian-resize2fs?token_hash=AAFqH336_o1YBXMe98o1dC3JNEMHbYiMdFjmV8A3zxulwQ
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 107.21.221.217
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|107.21.221.217|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 511 [text/plain]
Saving to: `cubian-resize2fs'

100%[======================================>] 511         --.-K/s   in 0s

2013-12-30 15:19:56 (15.0 MB/s) - `cubian-resize2fs' saved [511/511]

chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
--2013-12-30 15:19:56--  https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3evaiuidtg6xb5/ap6210.zip
Resolving www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)... 108.160.165.20
Connecting to www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)|108.160.165.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 FOUND
Location: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o3evaiuidtg6xb5/ap6210.zip?token_hash=AAEmuAMPaFYPzkHrJp59skXwyyt39oQhUFDmZwIQg5-0eg [following]
--2013-12-30 15:19:57--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o3evaiuidtg6xb5/ap6210.zip?token_hash=AAEmuAMPaFYPzkHrJp59skXwyyt39oQhUFDmZwIQg5-0eg
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 107.21.221.217
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|107.21.221.217|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 445183 (435K) [application/zip]
Saving to: `ap6210.zip'

100%[======================================>] 445,183      292K/s   in 1.5s

2013-12-30 15:20:00 (292 KB/s) - `ap6210.zip' saved [445183/445183]

Archive:  ap6210.zip
   creating: ap6210/
  inflating: ap6210/bcm20710a1.hcd
  inflating: ap6210/bd_addr.txt
  inflating: ap6210/fw_bcm40181a2.bin
  inflating: ap6210/fw_bcm40181a2_apsta.bin
  inflating: ap6210/fw_bcm40181a2_p2p.bin
  inflating: ap6210/nvram_ap6210.txt
  inflating: ap6210/nvram_apxxxx.txt
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/Cubie/output/sdcard/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static': No such file or directory
loop: can't delete device /dev/loop0: Device or resource busy
root@debian:~/Cubietruck-Debian#


jarsever

Does this image come with the bonding module?  We are trying to use LACP on the cb3 but none of the kernels seem to include bonding.

dek

Quote from: peter_a on December 30, 2013, 09:44:41 am
Before trying I had already played at making the kernel so already had installed .

apt-get install build-essential git u-boot-tools uboot-mkimage gcc-4.7-arm-linux-gnueabihf debootstrap ncurses-dev emdebian-archive-keyring

but running the first time had problems with zip , unzip and qemu etc.

Waiting for it to finish again to see where it`s having problems.

cp: cannot stat `/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static': No such file or directory
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
--2013-12-30 15:19:51--  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jytplpmc80nvc3q/cubian-firstrun
Resolving www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)... 108.160.165.20
Connecting to www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)|108.160.165.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 FOUND
Location: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jytplpmc80nvc3q/cubian-firstrun?token_hash=AAEVBw_U9QmzVuFaNiyJ5kiYB5xzSM12zaQ9WwLemSHKGg [following]
--2013-12-30 15:19:52--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jytplpmc80nvc3q/cubian-firstrun?token_hash=AAEVBw_U9QmzVuFaNiyJ5kiYB5xzSM12zaQ9WwLemSHKGg
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 107.21.221.217
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|107.21.221.217|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 2012 (2.0K) [text/plain]
Saving to: `cubian-firstrun'

100%[======================================>] 2,012       --.-K/s   in 0s

2013-12-30 15:19:53 (61.8 MB/s) - `cubian-firstrun' saved [2012/2012]

--2013-12-30 15:19:53--  https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwlsua9xran60ji/cubian-resize2fs
Resolving www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)... 108.160.165.20
Connecting to www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)|108.160.165.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 FOUND
Location: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pwlsua9xran60ji/cubian-resize2fs?token_hash=AAFqH336_o1YBXMe98o1dC3JNEMHbYiMdFjmV8A3zxulwQ [following]
--2013-12-30 15:19:55--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pwlsua9xran60ji/cubian-resize2fs?token_hash=AAFqH336_o1YBXMe98o1dC3JNEMHbYiMdFjmV8A3zxulwQ
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 107.21.221.217
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|107.21.221.217|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 511 [text/plain]
Saving to: `cubian-resize2fs'

100%[======================================>] 511         --.-K/s   in 0s

2013-12-30 15:19:56 (15.0 MB/s) - `cubian-resize2fs' saved [511/511]

chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
--2013-12-30 15:19:56--  https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3evaiuidtg6xb5/ap6210.zip
Resolving www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)... 108.160.165.20
Connecting to www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)|108.160.165.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 FOUND
Location: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o3evaiuidtg6xb5/ap6210.zip?token_hash=AAEmuAMPaFYPzkHrJp59skXwyyt39oQhUFDmZwIQg5-0eg [following]
--2013-12-30 15:19:57--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o3evaiuidtg6xb5/ap6210.zip?token_hash=AAEmuAMPaFYPzkHrJp59skXwyyt39oQhUFDmZwIQg5-0eg
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 107.21.221.217
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|107.21.221.217|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 445183 (435K) [application/zip]
Saving to: `ap6210.zip'

100%[======================================>] 445,183      292K/s   in 1.5s

2013-12-30 15:20:00 (292 KB/s) - `ap6210.zip' saved [445183/445183]

Archive:  ap6210.zip
   creating: ap6210/
  inflating: ap6210/bcm20710a1.hcd
  inflating: ap6210/bd_addr.txt
  inflating: ap6210/fw_bcm40181a2.bin
  inflating: ap6210/fw_bcm40181a2_apsta.bin
  inflating: ap6210/fw_bcm40181a2_p2p.bin
  inflating: ap6210/nvram_ap6210.txt
  inflating: ap6210/nvram_apxxxx.txt
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/Cubie/output/sdcard/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static': No such file or directory
loop: can't delete device /dev/loop0: Device or resource busy
root@debian:~/Cubietruck-Debian#




So far my test are with 12.04 ubuntu (I should probably make that clear...) this may explain your problems as you are running debian ? Which probably embed different things under different packages ?


patwood

Quote from: peter_a on December 30, 2013, 09:44:41 am
Before trying I had already played at making the kernel so already had installed .

apt-get install build-essential git u-boot-tools uboot-mkimage gcc-4.7-arm-linux-gnueabihf debootstrap ncurses-dev emdebian-archive-keyring

but running the first time had problems with zip , unzip and qemu etc.

Waiting for it to finish again to see where it`s having problems.

cp: cannot stat `/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static': No such file or directory
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
--2013-12-30 15:19:51--  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jytplpmc80nvc3q/cubian-firstrun
Resolving www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)... 108.160.165.20
Connecting to www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)|108.160.165.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 FOUND
Location: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jytplpmc80nvc3q/cubian-firstrun?token_hash=AAEVBw_U9QmzVuFaNiyJ5kiYB5xzSM12zaQ9WwLemSHKGg [following]
--2013-12-30 15:19:52--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jytplpmc80nvc3q/cubian-firstrun?token_hash=AAEVBw_U9QmzVuFaNiyJ5kiYB5xzSM12zaQ9WwLemSHKGg
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 107.21.221.217
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|107.21.221.217|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 2012 (2.0K) [text/plain]
Saving to: `cubian-firstrun'

100%[======================================>] 2,012       --.-K/s   in 0s

2013-12-30 15:19:53 (61.8 MB/s) - `cubian-firstrun' saved [2012/2012]

--2013-12-30 15:19:53--  https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwlsua9xran60ji/cubian-resize2fs
Resolving www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)... 108.160.165.20
Connecting to www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)|108.160.165.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 FOUND
Location: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pwlsua9xran60ji/cubian-resize2fs?token_hash=AAFqH336_o1YBXMe98o1dC3JNEMHbYiMdFjmV8A3zxulwQ [following]
--2013-12-30 15:19:55--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pwlsua9xran60ji/cubian-resize2fs?token_hash=AAFqH336_o1YBXMe98o1dC3JNEMHbYiMdFjmV8A3zxulwQ
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 107.21.221.217
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|107.21.221.217|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 511 [text/plain]
Saving to: `cubian-resize2fs'

100%[======================================>] 511         --.-K/s   in 0s

2013-12-30 15:19:56 (15.0 MB/s) - `cubian-resize2fs' saved [511/511]

chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error
--2013-12-30 15:19:56--  https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3evaiuidtg6xb5/ap6210.zip
Resolving www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)... 108.160.165.20
Connecting to www.dropbox.com (www.dropbox.com)|108.160.165.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 FOUND
Location: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o3evaiuidtg6xb5/ap6210.zip?token_hash=AAEmuAMPaFYPzkHrJp59skXwyyt39oQhUFDmZwIQg5-0eg [following]
--2013-12-30 15:19:57--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o3evaiuidtg6xb5/ap6210.zip?token_hash=AAEmuAMPaFYPzkHrJp59skXwyyt39oQhUFDmZwIQg5-0eg
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 107.21.221.217
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|107.21.221.217|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 445183 (435K) [application/zip]
Saving to: `ap6210.zip'

100%[======================================>] 445,183      292K/s   in 1.5s

2013-12-30 15:20:00 (292 KB/s) - `ap6210.zip' saved [445183/445183]

Archive:  ap6210.zip
   creating: ap6210/
  inflating: ap6210/bcm20710a1.hcd
  inflating: ap6210/bd_addr.txt
  inflating: ap6210/fw_bcm40181a2.bin
  inflating: ap6210/fw_bcm40181a2_apsta.bin
  inflating: ap6210/fw_bcm40181a2_p2p.bin
  inflating: ap6210/nvram_ap6210.txt
  inflating: ap6210/nvram_apxxxx.txt
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/Cubie/output/sdcard/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static': No such file or directory
loop: can't delete device /dev/loop0: Device or resource busy
root@debian:~/Cubietruck-Debian#



Looks like you're attempting to build an ARM distro on an x86 linux, correct?  So if you really need to get qemu-user-static installed on your host system.

z954134

thank you very much.It's a good img.
I have a question when i use wifi.when i use lan and wlan together,wifi is ok.but wifi not work when i use only wlan

dek

Quote from: jarsever on December 30, 2013, 12:24:41 pm
Does this image come with the bonding module?  We are trying to use LACP on the cb3 but none of the kernels seem to include bonding.


I m Integrating the .config for the kernel in the github so you can configure more Modules manually before generating the image.

The new github is here https://github.com/igorpecovnik/Cubietruck-Debian

Because igor is the one who created the script so It's natural that he is the owner.

I ll commit my changes once I have contributor access :)


pezi

Hi!

Over 'night' some new OS images
http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/a20-cubietruck/
have been released!
See for more informations
http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,1311.0.html
Also a Debian image. This is fine - but for me here is running something wrong.

In this thread people try to build a Debian image on their own on the hard way. Meanwhile a cubie team related persons does the same/similar (inside) job...
I am a newbie and don't know the cubie 'development' team. But a little more information what is ongoing would help us to focus the rare (kernel/HW hacker) resources.

Peter






slovenia

January 01, 2014, 06:25:59 am #29 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:30:53 am by slovenia
Quote from: pezi on January 01, 2014, 05:46:45 am
In this thread people try to build a Debian image on their own on the hard way. Meanwhile a cubie team related persons does the same/similar (inside) job...
I am a newbie and don't know the cubie 'development' team. But a little more information what is ongoing would help us to focus the rare (kernel/HW hacker) resources.

Peter


So far they were a bit slow with support for CT and they were more dedicated to current Ubuntu distros which is no go for serious deployment.  I noticed that they released some new stuff few days ago but didn't find time to check.

There is also a great opportunity to learn / practice and having fun if you are going to build your own image  8)
Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com