November 15, 2019, 08:26:24 pm

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/


Buster, Xenial and Bionic - updated 6.7.2019

Started by slovenia, December 24, 2013, 03:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3bs

Is there way to increase samba performance? 20-25Mbits/sec ugly :(

Mike Lowrey

Hey,

thanks for this great image! Unfortunately i have the same problem like bbs with the latest version.

Before i updated i had around 60mb/s and now only 25 mb/s max. Any idea what could cause that?

qiozas

Quote from: slovenia on May 17, 2014, 01:51:12 pm
Quote from: qiozas on May 17, 2014, 11:18:28 am
Just got my CT.
I have installed this Wheezy image (VGA) very easy and is working like a charm.
Thanks "slovenia" (patwood and all others) for this image and for your time.

More details for my installation here:
http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php?topic=2557.0

My only issue is that I create one partition 3TB with gdisk, but df thinks that it is 2 TB. I do not know if df is problematic, neither if I can write more than 2TB in my partition. I do not even know how to easy test it.
Any help?

Regards,
Adrianos Dadis


This way:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/fdisk-unable-to-create-partition-greater-2tb.html

P.S.
Free software is closer to anarchism than democracy ... what's that anyway? ;)


Thanks for the link about GPT. I has created partition with gdisk. I will try again with parted to check if df recognize it as 3TB.

P.S. (reply to previous P.S.)
About democracy, anarchism and Free Software:
- "Democracy": I mean real Democracy and not Liberal/Bourgeoisie Democracy (as is 99% of modern "democratic" countries)
- "Free Software": Includes ideas from anarchism and democracy. Democracy is not even an ideology, it is a form of government that can be applied by a number of people to work as society. An applied/real anarchism society will need a kind of democracy in order to operate (it is a prerequisite).
- "Democracy requires Free Software" (my quote): As software is in our lives, a real democracy cannot exist if FS absents. With this quote I just mean that I want a society with FS and operates at least with a real democracy. Now, if such a society will be an anarchism society, this will be defined by the people  of this society.
Democracy requires Free Software

Sloop

Since a few days I am connecting often to my CT and while I work through SSH I realize connection being dropped. It's the first time I realize because before I did manage my CT locally through console. What is happening? I log-in through SSH, and after some seconds or minutes my SSH conneciton is dropped. I get no pings any more to the CT but it's definitely NOT a LAN problem. I double-checked and everything on the LAN works fine. I have pings to all my other hosts, and all the other hosts can ping me while the CT is still offline (no pings). It's only the CT which sometimes looses its connection and I cannot ping the CT from none of my hosts on my LAN. After about a minute the CT is reachable and send ping replies, so I can login again to it. I can continue my from through SSH, but it may happen that after uncertained time the same happens again.

Anyone else did make this experience?

Fuzzlix

Quote from: Sloop on May 19, 2014, 04:32:47 am
Since a few days I am connecting often to my CT and while I work through SSH I realize connection being dropped. It's the first time I realize because before I did manage my CT locally through console. What is happening? I log-in through SSH, and after some seconds or minutes my SSH conneciton is dropped. I get no pings any more to the CT but it's definitely NOT a LAN problem. I double-checked and everything on the LAN works fine. I have pings to all my other hosts, and all the other hosts can ping me while the CT is still offline (no pings). It's only the CT which sometimes looses its connection and I cannot ping the CT from none of my hosts on my LAN. After about a minute the CT is reachable and send ping replies, so I can login again to it. I can continue my from through SSH, but it may happen that after uncertained time the same happens again.

Anyone else did make this experience?

Ethernet runs fine on this image. For me it sounds like a loose/broken ethernet cable. I set up my ethernet to static ip. It speeds up erternet startup and no dhcp server can change my ip adress. ( makes it easier to set up puTTY.)
I suggest: check your hardware/cables.

Fuzzlix.

castalla

Quote from: Sloop on May 19, 2014, 04:32:47 am
Since a few days I am connecting often to my CT and while I work through SSH I realize connection being dropped. It's the first time I realize because before I did manage my CT locally through console. What is happening? I log-in through SSH, and after some seconds or minutes my SSH conneciton is dropped. I get no pings any more to the CT but it's definitely NOT a LAN problem. I double-checked and everything on the LAN works fine. I have pings to all my other hosts, and all the other hosts can ping me while the CT is still offline (no pings). It's only the CT which sometimes looses its connection and I cannot ping the CT from none of my hosts on my LAN. After about a minute the CT is reachable and send ping replies, so I can login again to it. I can continue my from through SSH, but it may happen that after uncertained time the same happens again.

Anyone else did make this experience?


Try this:

In PuTTY Connection settings - enable TCP Keepalives and enter 15 in Seconds between keepalives

qiozas

Quote from: qiozas on May 18, 2014, 12:20:10 pm
Quote from: slovenia on May 17, 2014, 01:51:12 pm
Quote from: qiozas on May 17, 2014, 11:18:28 am
Just got my CT.
I have installed this Wheezy image (VGA) very easy and is working like a charm.
Thanks "slovenia" (patwood and all others) for this image and for your time.

More details for my installation here:
http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php?topic=2557.0

My only issue is that I create one partition 3TB with gdisk, but df thinks that it is 2 TB. I do not know if df is problematic, neither if I can write more than 2TB in my partition. I do not even know how to easy test it.
Any help?

Regards,
Adrianos Dadis


This way:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/fdisk-unable-to-create-partition-greater-2tb.html

P.S.
Free software is closer to anarchism than democracy ... what's that anyway? ;)


Thanks for the link about GPT. I has created partition with gdisk. I will try again with parted to check if df recognize it as 3TB.

P.S. (reply to previous P.S.)
About democracy, anarchism and Free Software:
- "Democracy": I mean real Democracy and not Liberal/Bourgeoisie Democracy (as is 99% of modern "democratic" countries)
- "Free Software": Includes ideas from anarchism and democracy. Democracy is not even an ideology, it is a form of government that can be applied by a number of people to work as society. An applied/real anarchism society will need a kind of democracy in order to operate (it is a prerequisite).
- "Democracy requires Free Software" (my quote): As software is in our lives, a real democracy cannot exist if FS absents. With this quote I just mean that I want a society with FS and operates at least with a real democracy. Now, if such a society will be an anarchism society, this will be defined by the people  of this society.


Using parted instead of gdisk, now df recognizes my partition as 3TB.

root@cthome:~# df -H
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs           16G  1.2G   14G   8% /
/dev/root        16G  1.2G   14G   8% /
devtmpfs        1.1G     0  1.1G   0% /dev
tmpfs           135M  177k  135M   1% /run
tmpfs           5.3M     0  5.3M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs           135M     0  135M   0% /run/shm
tmpfs           1.1G     0  1.1G   0% /tmp
/dev/root        16G  1.2G   14G   8% /var/log.hdd
ramlog-tmpfs    269M  3.1M  266M   2% /var/log
/dev/sda1       3.0T  211M  2.9T   1% /opt/wdred

Regards,
Adrianos.
Democracy requires Free Software

Laire

I don't find the uEnv.txt for changing the resolution, the is no file wit .txt in the boot folder

Fuzzlix

Quote from: Laire on May 20, 2014, 03:27:19 pm
I don't find the uEnv.txt for changing the resolution, the is no file wit .txt in the boot folder

try:
bin2fex <your-bin-file> uEnv.fex
.. to create. later use fex2bin to convert back.

castalla

Just a quick report:

Bluetooth works fine with this image!

MrDialUp

Quote from: slovenia on March 05, 2014, 02:14:35 pm
Quote from: VonGriffin on March 05, 2014, 10:28:08 am
yeah apache2 fails to restart with this script


Yes.  :-[ There is a problem with ramlog + isp/apache logs.  :-\ Will work if you disable it and do the install again (or manual recreate missing logs):

service ramlog disable
reboot # to be safe


Working on permanent solution. Saving Apache logs to RAM is mandatory  :P

p.s.
I fixed some other bugs in the script on the way.


Igor, did you have a chance to investigate this issue further?  I just did another reinstall (to 1.9) and I cannot get the ISPCONFIG3 webpage to load. 

AndiBcool

Hello Igor,

since you did compile the whole kernel with modules, do you happen to have the File Module.symvers ?
This file is needed to compile drivers.

Same problem on Raspberry pi:

"The main problem with that, is the absence of a file named Module.symvers, that contains the symbol versions of the running kernel and all of its modules. That file would normally come in the linux-headers package. To get that file, and be able to build 'good' modules for the kernel, you would need to build the entire kernel and all its modules yourself. At the end of the build, the file will be created. "

slovenia

Quote from: MrDialUp on May 21, 2014, 11:59:29 am
Quote from: slovenia on March 05, 2014, 02:14:35 pm
Quote from: VonGriffin on March 05, 2014, 10:28:08 am
yeah apache2 fails to restart with this script


Yes.  :-[ There is a problem with ramlog + isp/apache logs.  :-\ Will work if you disable it and do the install again (or manual recreate missing logs):

service ramlog disable
reboot # to be safe


Working on permanent solution. Saving Apache logs to RAM is mandatory  :P

p.s.
I fixed some other bugs in the script on the way.


Igor, did you have a chance to investigate this issue further?  I just did another reinstall (to 1.9) and I cannot get the ISPCONFIG3 webpage to load.


Disabling ramlog (+reboot) before starting install is probably only solution in a combination with my Cubie Debian image. Install finished o.k. ... checked today with latest image. Than enable ramlog back. The only thing that I altered is fixed IP address. I think it's also mandatory.
Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com

lampra

Quote from: castalla on May 21, 2014, 10:49:36 am
Just a quick report:

Bluetooth works fine with this image!

Do you mean bt dongles or Cubitruck internal bluetooth?

slovenia

Quote from: AndiBcool on May 21, 2014, 05:53:08 pm
Hello Igor,

since you did compile the whole kernel with modules, do you happen to have the File Module.symvers ?
This file is needed to compile drivers.


Sure. It will be added to next release:
http://cubie.nobrainz.de/downloads/Module.symvers.zip
Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com