October 17, 2019, 11:24:16 am

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

Buster, Xenial and Bionic - updated 6.7.2019

Started by slovenia, December 24, 2013, 03:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cubiezomb

Hi,
I try to run a composite output on cubietruck (CN8 pin27 with 75 Ohm resistor to ground).
How can I activate or switch from VGA to this output ?

EDIT:
I modified now ct-vga.bin:
screen0_output_type = 2
screen0_output_mode = 11
screen1_output_type = 4
screen1_output_mode = 4

Now CVBS OUT is working but have no vga anymore. What I need to write to uEnv.ct to activate vga and cvbs ?

ua3prq

Hi Igor!

I want to raise the topic of stability distribution on CB2. There are opinions that CT3 has a more good board layout and is more stable in terms of overclocking.
I personally currently use CB2, your version 1.6/1.7 and have problems with stability in the week 24/7. Periodically observe similar statements from others users.
We already have the groundwork for the problems identified are confirmed in practice. Details here: http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php?topic=952.msg12301#msg12301

At the moment I have the following condition (v1.8 on SD)
dram_clk          = 480
dram_type         = 3
dram_rank_num     = 1
dram_chip_density = 4096
dram_io_width     = 16
dram_bus_width    = 32
dram_cas          = 9
dram_zq           = 0x7f
dram_odt_en       = 0
dram_tpr0         = 0x42d899b7
dram_tpr1         = 0xa090
dram_tpr2         = 0x22a00
dram_tpr3         = 0x0
dram_emr1         = 0x4
dram_emr2         = 0x10
dram_emr3         = 0x0

This topic is widely discussed on Google groups and two main critical parameter should be selected individually: cas-9 (agree with this softer value) and clock-480MHz.
Passport frequency modules overstated and I have data from colleagues (in RUS branch) that are already on the 432MHz (other distributions) system hang completely disappear.
I'll try to replace the recently modules SPL+uBoot and gain statistics stability.

What do you think about this issue? And can you ask for in future versions to provide separate assembly for CB2 sparing parameters to identify a complete solution.

I checked the values ​​on my CT3 (Cubieez/Debieez both SD/NAND, neighbor distribution) and watch it 432. Employment for many months is not a problem at all.

Thanks!
Serg.

slovenia

Serg,

Thanks for bringing this up. I implemented a patch for future releases and it is solved for SD card. The problem remains on NAND u-boot. It's strange that CT has lower number by default. Probably someone forgot to correct those settings?

One fix is better than none  8)

Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com

ua3prq

Igor,
Quote from: slovenia on May 14, 2014, 11:33:14 am
It's strange that CT has lower number by default. Probably someone forgot to correct those settings?

I remind you- this is another assembly. Apparently still on the run in CB1/2 (maybe they knew about this problem for some boards). Unfortunately, the authors left the community and have not answer any questions in the subject.
Оkay. I will be glad if help others.

Up1:
I now install the patch on your old system configured with 1.7 and see how it will work, be sure to tell about the results of uptime  8)

dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1024 seek=8

castalla

@slovenia

Can you explain how to get the board temp (as displayed in the login page)?

I can't find the appropriate command

slovenia

Quote from: castalla on May 15, 2014, 09:47:57 am
@slovenia

Can you explain how to get the board temp (as displayed in the login page)?

I can't find the appropriate command

Check /root/.bashrc
=
https://github.com/igorpecovnik/Cubietruck-Debian/blob/master/scripts/bashrc

direct reading:
cat /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/temp1_input

castalla

One issue I have noticed (compared to other distros) is that the terminal prompt can become unresponsive after time.  This requires several key pushes before it comes back to life.

Any ideas?

slovenia

Quote from: castalla on May 15, 2014, 02:16:11 pm
One issue I have noticed (compared to other distros) is that the terminal prompt can become unresponsive after time.  This requires several key pushes before it comes back to life.

Any ideas?

On console? Do you use a wireless keyboard?

Never noticed - using on daily basis via ssh.

castalla

Quote from: slovenia on May 15, 2014, 03:47:04 pm

Any ideas?

No keyboard - using ssh

bigcircle

Quote from: fatman on January 19, 2014, 05:49:28 am
Hi Solvenia, maxx,
Your image can be solved the NAND boot up issue, really thanks all of your help... This image is very great... I am using as my CAS device and connect to my DAC thru USB... using MPD to control it.... ;D

Hi fatman,
   I want to use my cubieboard2 as CAS device and using this image, after I install mpd server, I can't play music and can't run GMPC to connect the mpd server! Can you tell me how to set up and configure the mpd server. And I also want to setup hostapd wifi and use my phone to control the mpd.

cubiezomb

Quote from: cubiezomb on May 13, 2014, 05:02:55 am
Hi,
I try to run a composite output on cubietruck (CN8 pin27 with 75 Ohm resistor to ground).
How can I activate or switch from VGA to this output ?

EDIT:
I modified now ct-vga.bin:
screen0_output_type = 2
screen0_output_mode = 11
screen1_output_type = 4
screen1_output_mode = 4

Now CVBS OUT is working but have no vga anymore. What I need to write to uEnv.ct to activate vga and cvbs ?

please answer
is it possible to multi video output ?

castalla

Quote from: castalla on May 15, 2014, 03:52:47 pm

Any ideas?

No keyboard - using ssh

Strange!

Left IBOX on overnight.  After 7 hours:

1. Unable to access using PuTTy - timeouts

2. Immediate access using WinSCP

3. Then able to login via PuTTy

cubiezomb

Any ideas?

oh yes, me too.
after install and remove network-manager, ssh sessions are very slow and disconnecting after 10-20 sec.

Edit: Platform is Cubietruck !!!!

slovenia

Quote from: castalla on May 16, 2014, 04:57:13 am
Quote from: castalla on May 15, 2014, 03:52:47 pm

Any ideas?

No keyboard - using ssh

Strange!

Left IBOX on overnight.  After 7 hours:

1. Unable to access using PuTTy - timeouts

2. Immediate access using WinSCP

3. Then able to login via PuTTy

This image (and all other on this forum) is designed / tested only with Cubietruck / Cubieboard 2. It's a luck that you can operate this on Ibox A20. Check / find for specific settings / configuration and than maybe we can work this out.