October 17, 2019, 12:38:27 pm

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/


Buster, Xenial and Bionic - updated 6.7.2019

Started by slovenia, December 24, 2013, 03:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sloop

+1

an update file is really appreciated. I did fresh-install 1.8 because there was no update file from 1.7 to 1.8 available in the release period of 1.8. I had to reinstall completely from scratch(version 1.8) and it tooks me days to setup my new system. I am using lots of services and custom settings on my CT and I don't want to have doing this again. Never ever :)

so, I also would appreciate an update file. At least a detailled CHANGELOG with provided files, so one could the upgrade manually.

EDIT: I just checked your changelog for v1.9. You said:

Quotev1.9 / 27.4.2014

    Kernel headers included
    Clustering support
    Advanced IR driver with RAW RX and TX
    Bluetooth ready (working only with supported USB devices)
    Bugfixes: VLAN, login script, build script
    New packages: lirc, bluetooth


- The kernel did not change, didn't it? it's still patwoods 3.4.79,right?

- when do you need kernel headers? couldn't we install the kernel headers in case we really need, simply by "apt-get install ..." ?

- is HDMI-CEC supported ? that means: if I connect my CT through HDMI cable to my TV which is capable of providing HDMI-CEC, will the commands of me TV remote control reach the CT and vice-versa?

- can you tell us which bugfixes exactly were done?

- you said, new packages lirc and bluetooth. Are these two packages installed by default? can we remove them without any problems (if not needed) ?

AndiBcool

Hello Igor, thank you for the update ! I will try it out in a few.

@Sloop

I guess he did include em because i need them to compile a USB TV Dongle driver for TV Headend.
You cant get the kernel headers by apt-get because its a custom kernel.



castalla

Quote from: slovenia on April 28, 2014, 01:19:47 am
Quote from: castalla on April 27, 2014, 06:46:22 pm
I notice that the zip file contains a .raw file.

Do I simply write this to an SD card?   Is it the same as an .img file 

Ooops!  Read the install instructions and see how to install.

--------------------------

I note that there is a 20% overclock - how can I disable the overclocking?


20% overclock is safe but if you really don't want this just edit:

/etc/init.d/cpufrequtils

and change from:
MAX_SPEED="1200000"
to:
MAX_SPEED="1010000"

than execute:

/etc/init.d/cpufrequtils restart


Thanks!   I'm looking forward to testing this out on my new IBOX device which should arrive soon.

slovenia

Quote from: Sloop on April 28, 2014, 07:50:00 am
+1

an update file is really appreciated. I did fresh-install 1.8 because there was no update file from 1.7 to 1.8 available in the release period of 1.8. I had to reinstall completely from scratch(version 1.8) and it tooks me days to setup my new system. I am using lots of services and custom settings on my CT and I don't want to have doing this again. Never ever :)

so, I also would appreciate an update file. At least a detailled CHANGELOG with provided files, so one could the upgrade manually.

EDIT: I just checked your changelog for v1.9. You said:

Quotev1.9 / 27.4.2014

    Kernel headers included
    Clustering support
    Advanced IR driver with RAW RX and TX
    Bluetooth ready (working only with supported USB devices)
    Bugfixes: VLAN, login script, build script
    New packages: lirc, bluetooth


- The kernel did not change, didn't it? it's still patwoods 3.4.79,right?

- when do you need kernel headers? couldn't we install the kernel headers in case we really need, simply by "apt-get install ..." ?

- is HDMI-CEC supported ? that means: if I connect my CT through HDMI cable to my TV which is capable of providing HDMI-CEC, will the commands of me TV remote control reach the CT and vice-versa?

- can you tell us which bugfixes exactly were done?

- you said, new packages lirc and bluetooth. Are these two packages installed by default? can we remove them without any problems (if not needed) ?


Kernel is not exactly the same - it has been patched for described bugs/features but if you are not using VLAN or clustering, don't bother with upgrade.

LIRC is a bit different, custom installation due to extra driver, BT is default.

CEC / HDMI - don't know if it supported.

For most users this update won't bring much. I made a script for creating upgrade file but I have to check it manually ... and this requires attention :(

QuoteI am using lots of services and custom settings on my CT and I don't want to have doing this again. Never ever


Check this script
https://github.com/igorpecovnik/Debian-micro-home-server/tree/master/backup%20and%20restore

With something similar you can do this in no time  8)
Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com

slovenia

Quote from: pattinik on April 28, 2014, 07:42:07 am
Hey, I noticed that you released a new version. Will you release also the update file, like in 1.8 version?

If not, which is the procedure to backup my system configurations (users,services and etc) and put all in the new version 1.9?

Like always, thank you for your job and your regular updates! 8)


Thanks. I will create an update later today or latest in a day or two ...
Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com

pattinik

Quote from: slovenia on April 28, 2014, 09:34:45 am
Thanks. I will create an update later today or latest in a day or two ...


You are the man!  ;D

Rik

Can't run IR in 1.9 version: no event for IR device in /proc/bus/input/devices

Some lines from boot log are:
(filtered by 'sunxi_ir')



[   13.118056] sunxi_lirc sunxi_lirc.0: lirc_dev: driver sunxi_lirc registered at minor = 1
[   13.132234] sunxi_lirc: driver registered!
[   13.254928] [<c00922d4>] (request_threaded_irq+0xb0/0x140) from [<bf2d60ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir])
[   13.272835] [<bf2d60ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir]) from [<c00085b8>] (do_one_initcall+0x34/0x174)
[   25.679498] [<c00922d4>] (request_threaded_irq+0xb0/0x140) from [<bf2da0ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir])
[   25.697401] [<bf2da0ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir]) from [<c00085b8>] (do_one_initcall+0x34/0x174)
[  650.186978] [<c00922d4>] (request_threaded_irq+0xb0/0x140) from [<bf2ea0ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir])
[  650.204897] [<bf2ea0ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir]) from [<c00085b8>] (do_one_initcall+0x34/0x174)
[  974.348167] [<c00922d4>] (request_threaded_irq+0xb0/0x140) from [<bf2ee0ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir])
[  974.366084] [<bf2ee0ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir]) from [<c00085b8>] (do_one_initcall+0x34/0x174)
[  997.597179] [<c00922d4>] (request_threaded_irq+0xb0/0x140) from [<bf2f20ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir])
[  997.615111] [<bf2f20ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir]) from [<c00085b8>] (do_one_initcall+0x34/0x174)



and the end of log:



[  974.294982] IRQ handler type mismatch for IRQ 37
[  974.302223] current handler: RemoteIR
[  974.313474] [<c0014d94>] (unwind_backtrace+0x0/0x138) from [<c00921d8>] (__setup_irq+0x384/0x3d0)
[  974.330342] [<c00921d8>] (__setup_irq+0x384/0x3d0) from [<c00922d4>] (request_threaded_irq+0xb0/0x140)
[  974.348167] [<c00922d4>] (request_threaded_irq+0xb0/0x140) from [<bf2ee0ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir])
[  974.366084] [<bf2ee0ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir]) from [<c00085b8>] (do_one_initcall+0x34/0x174)
[  974.383469] [<c00085b8>] (do_one_initcall+0x34/0x174) from [<c007f3e4>] (sys_init_module+0xe18/0x1cd0)
[  974.400680] [<c007f3e4>] (sys_init_module+0xe18/0x1cd0) from [<c000e980>] (ret_fast_syscall+0x0/0x30)
[  983.382331] wlan0: IPv6 duplicate address fd75:1f74:fd55:0:9a3b:16ff:fe81:3967 detected!
[  988.702238] wlan0: IPv6 duplicate address fd75:1f74:fd55:0:9a3b:16ff:fe81:3967 detected!
[  997.543952] IRQ handler type mismatch for IRQ 37
[  997.551199] current handler: RemoteIR
[  997.562462] [<c0014d94>] (unwind_backtrace+0x0/0x138) from [<c00921d8>] (__setup_irq+0x384/0x3d0)
[  997.579342] [<c00921d8>] (__setup_irq+0x384/0x3d0) from [<c00922d4>] (request_threaded_irq+0xb0/0x140)
[  997.597179] [<c00922d4>] (request_threaded_irq+0xb0/0x140) from [<bf2f20ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir])
[  997.615111] [<bf2f20ac>] (ir_init+0xac/0x2cc [sunxi_ir]) from [<c00085b8>] (do_one_initcall+0x34/0x174)
[  997.632506] [<c00085b8>] (do_one_initcall+0x34/0x174) from [<c007f3e4>] (sys_init_module+0xe18/0x1cd0)
[  997.649726] [<c007f3e4>] (sys_init_module+0xe18/0x1cd0) from [<c000e980>] (ret_fast_syscall+0x0/0x30)

Looks like cause is interrupt 37, but I'm novice in linux world, maybe I'm wrong somewhere (1.8 version works well with IR remote)

slovenia

Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com

slovenia

QuoteCan't run IR in 1.9 version: no event for IR device in /proc/bus/input/devices

Some lines from boot log are:
(filtered by 'sunxi_ir')


I made several tests with this new driver and got input from two different IR remotes ...

Make sure you don't load the old driver sunxi_ir together with new one.

I will look into.
Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com

pattinik

Quote

:P

http://cubie.nobrainz.de/downloads/update-1.8-1.9.tgz


To use the update should I just boot with the microSD then copy the "update-1.8-1.9.tgz" directories to the nand?

I think not!  :-[


slovenia

Quote from: pattinik on April 29, 2014, 10:47:49 pm
Quote

:P

http://cubie.nobrainz.de/downloads/update-1.8-1.9.tgz


To use the update should I just boot with the microSD then copy the "update-1.8-1.9.tgz" directories to the nand?

I think not!  :-[


Just download and uncompress this file to the root / of your live system where ever it is - on SD / NAND or SATA.

login as root than execute:

cd /
wget http://cubie.nobrainz.de/downloads/update-1.8-1.9.tgz
tar xvfz update-1.8-1.9.tgz

Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com

pattinik

Quote from: slovenia on April 30, 2014, 02:22:41 am
login as root than execute:

cd /
wget http://cubie.nobrainz.de/downloads/update-1.8-1.9.tgz
tar xvfz update-1.8-1.9.tgz



Tnx! I did it, but now I'm having some issues with the autostart of openvpn service. In fact it stopped to start automatically at the reboot. I don't know why.   :-\

EDIT:
Solved with updating rc.d
update-rc.d openvpn enable

jedie

I had used v1.7 in the past. Now is v1.9 out.

How to update? Is a update needed or comes all updates via apt ?

pattinik

Quote from: jedie on April 30, 2014, 08:04:39 am
I had used v1.7 in the past. Now is v1.9 out.

How to update? Is a update needed or comes all updates via apt ?


No you can't update via apt. If you want to update just use this commands:


cd /
wget http://cubie.nobrainz.de/downloads/update-1.8-1.9.tgz
tar xvfz update-1.8-1.9.tgz

slovenia

Quote from: jedie on April 30, 2014, 08:04:39 am
I had used v1.7 in the past. Now is v1.9 out.

How to update? Is a update needed or comes all updates via apt ?


Automatic update for my kernel and tweaks via apt is still on my 2do list :-[ ... but all other packages are updating trough usual apt-get update.  8)

There are updates from 1.7 to 1.8 and from 1.8 to 1.9 (check my blog) ... you can to that - but the best way is to update with kernel and install packages that you need on their usual way.

Read "what's changed" because you might not need any upgrade. I only recommend to use latest image for fresh install.
Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com