Author Topic: Buster, Xenial and Bionic - updated 6.7.2019  (Read 733231 times)

Offline slovenia

• View Profile
Re: Wheezy server for SD, SATA or NAND with hotspot - update 31.3.2014
« Reply #360 on: April 08, 2014, 01:08:25 am »
No, it is installed on SD. But that's ok, no worries, I thought I might have missed something obvious. I will just do some Google research to find out how to switch Kernels (or leave the old one running).

It was my fault. Somehow kernel binary was not included in the upgrade package  :-[

Files has been fixed. Try now.
Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com

dziello

Re: Wheezy server for SD, SATA or NAND with hotspot - update 8.4.2014
« Reply #361 on: April 08, 2014, 05:07:23 am »
Hi, I want use that image but I have problem with configuration. I need to ftp server and dlna server. I use on lubuntu minidlna and vsftpd when I configure it same as on lubuntu the minidlna and ftp dosn't work. I have a pleased for some tutorial how to configure dlna and ftp server to work with this image. Thanks for helpe  :)

Offline slovenia

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 08, 2014, 06:12:03 am »
Hi, I want use that image but I have problem with configuration. I need to ftp server and dlna server. I use on lubuntu minidlna and vsftpd when I configure it same as on lubuntu the minidlna and ftp dosn't work. I have a pleased for some tutorial how to configure dlna and ftp server to work with this image. Thanks for helpe  :)

This image is similar to lubuntu, it's just more polished, stable and clean. Installation and configuration is similar / mostly equal.

To install you need to type only this:

sudo apt-get install minidlna vsftpd

... or/and check those two manuals:
http://bbrks.me/rpi-minidlna-media-server/
http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-Web-Server/step9/Install-an-FTP-server/

dziello

« Reply #363 on: April 08, 2014, 08:48:17 am »
Thanks for help. I do like it is in tutorial and when I try connect to ftp server with login root and password 1234 then nothing happen. In lubuntu I connect with standard linaro/linaro and its ok. I don't know where I made mistake? :-[

Offline slovenia

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 08, 2014, 09:13:16 am »
Root user is usually disabled by default. Add another user and try again.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk 2

dziello

« Reply #365 on: April 08, 2014, 09:32:12 am »
Thanks for solved my problem everything working   :)

Offline lafalken

• Well, I give a try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 12, 2014, 02:48:18 pm »
Hi!

Must say that this was the best image I have been looking at so far and I have been searching for a while. Can't say that I'm much more than a newbie with hacking at the console, but I managed to move the rootfs to a sata disk  on 160GB where I made allmost everything to sda1 and about 400MB to sda2 and swap.

I had instruction for this made for the Raspberry Pi and where looking for where to write the settings for what filesystem it should load at boot but after some time I found that I could write it in /boot/uEnv.ct but where not sure of all settings and arguments in that file. I only use my CT over ssh and could imagine that I could have some more memory if the HDMI and graphics where totaly shut down?

I have a simple home page running at second.zegor.se with typical LAMP config on a Rasperrry Pi and when I copied most of over to the CT it feelt like it was a bit slow or I have thought that it should have been a bit more resposive. Is there some performance settings I should look for, some tips that some could point me too?

Thanks a lot for a very good work so far and I hope you continue to develop it and put up more great images :)
User of Cubietruck, Raspberry Pi and some other stuff. You my find me on skype at alias lfalken.

Heisenberg

« Reply #367 on: April 13, 2014, 10:16:18 am »
Why is the total RAM reported as 2000MiB instead of 2048MiB? Is 48MiB reserved by the system?

Using iperf I get the following results: 450Mbps TX and 1Mbps RX. Why is the inbound performance so bad? I performed the RX test by switching the client and server roles. The Cubietruck is connected directly to the desktop machine. I get a the same result when going through a GbE switch. — disregard this until I investigate further.

Great image by the way — this is the closest we have come to the Cubietruck's promised functionality!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:33:46 am by Heisenberg »

dziello

« Reply #368 on: April 13, 2014, 01:40:34 pm »
I need help with hostapd configuration. I active hot spot on my CT with hostapd. Everything seems to be ok ssid is visible for my device as cubie but I cant connect (use standard password 12345678) - Problem with authentication. I dont change anything on hostapd.conf I wonder what goes wrong ? Thanks for help !

Offline slovenia

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 13, 2014, 02:49:14 pm »
I need help with hostapd configuration. I active hot spot on my CT with hostapd. Everything seems to be ok ssid is visible for my device as cubie but I cant connect (use standard password 12345678) - Problem with authentication. I dont change anything on hostapd.conf I wonder what goes wrong ? Thanks for help !

This is the "manual":

Code: [Select]
# if you want access point mode, load wifi module this way: bcmdhd op_mode=2
# and edit /etc/init.d/hostapd change DAEMON_CONF=/etc/hostapd.conf ; edit your wifi net settings in hostapd.conf ; reboot

First two things are mandatory, last is optional - you can use default password. Have you done all?

For debugging hostapd read this topic.

Offline slovenia

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 13, 2014, 03:18:21 pm »
Why is the total RAM reported as 2000MiB instead of 2048MiB? Is 48MiB reserved by the system?

Huh. This is the furthest we/i came with disabling reservation for graphics functions. I assume yes.

Great image by the way — this is the closest we have come to the Cubietruck's promised functionality!

Thanks  8) I am afraid yes  :'( Development is small but alive so we can expect improvements in near future. Even with some limitations the board is usable in broad scenarios.

Offline slovenia

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 13, 2014, 03:43:23 pm »
Hi!

Must say that this was the best image I have been looking at so far and I have been searching for a while. Can't say that I'm much more than a newbie with hacking at the console, but I managed to move the rootfs to a sata disk  on 160GB where I made allmost everything to sda1 and about 400MB to sda2 and swap.

I had instruction for this made for the Raspberry Pi and where looking for where to write the settings for what filesystem it should load at boot but after some time I found that I could write it in /boot/uEnv.ct but where not sure of all settings and arguments in that file. I only use my CT over ssh and could imagine that I could have some more memory if the HDMI and graphics where totaly shut down?

I have a simple home page running at second.zegor.se with typical LAMP config on a Rasperrry Pi and when I copied most of over to the CT it feelt like it was a bit slow or I have thought that it should have been a bit more resposive. Is there some performance settings I should look for, some tips that some could point me too?

Thanks a lot for a very good work so far and I hope you continue to develop it and put up more great images :)

Thanks. :D

This image is already tuned for command prompt only - graphic memory has been disabled, there are many performance tweaks regarding disk read/write operations, log is writing to ram, CPU is slightly over-clocked,... On the system level there is no much else to do.

One thing regarding performance came to my mind - if you use SSD drive on SATA than edit /etc/sysfs.conf and change block/sda/queue/scheduler = cfq to block/sda/queue/scheduler = noop

Further you need to tune your apache / nginx , SQL and Wordpress. Cubie is a way faster than PI and if you switched from it there should be a vivid difference. Check my blog responsiveness  for reference. I am running a bunch of stuff on CT and there is always some activity on it.

dziello

« Reply #372 on: April 14, 2014, 03:14:45 am »

This is the "manual":

Code: [Select]
# if you want access point mode, load wifi module this way: bcmdhd op_mode=2
# and edit /etc/init.d/hostapd change DAEMON_CONF=/etc/hostapd.conf ; edit your wifi net settings in hostapd.conf ; reboot

First two things are mandatory, last is optional - you can use default password. Have you done all?

For debugging hostapd read this topic.

Hi, I do everything like in tutorial I don't change anything from hostapd.conf I see from my pc and phone cubie access point bbut i can not connect with default password i change password or even I config without password and problem with connect is still the same.   

Offline slovenia

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 14, 2014, 04:15:17 am »
Hi, I do everything like in tutorial I don't change anything from hostapd.conf I see from my pc and phone cubie access point bbut i can not connect with default password i change password or even I config without password and problem with connect is still the same.

It might be the problem with your router? You need to have it. DHCP server on it must be enabled otherwise wireless client won't get an IP address ... and it's recommended to use same security settings.

Offline Laire

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 15, 2014, 03:13:28 pm »
Hello,

I installed this Image on my Truck on a SSD, until yesterday it works everything.

Today I reboot and I looks not like yesterday.

Boot Screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fritu6h685b51p/2014-04-15%2021.03.34.jpg

Login Screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wvhc2ngatlphsu/2014-04-15%2021.03.55.jpg

This is not the login screen from the Wheezy Image or? Also I can't login with root and 1234

But my Apache Server is running and my samba sharings are also there
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:20:50 pm by Laire »